We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What does your "significant other" think? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
My wife is a tarot reader, and we have done psychic parties as a team.
At the Harry Potter release party at Barnes & Noble Booksellers, I did my wizard show and she gave fluff readings with an Alice in Wonderland deck as a variant of Professor Trelawney.
In a nutshell, she is very supportive.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
829 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
My wife of 12 years is slowly coming around. She has always been
supportive of my related hobbies (haunting and bizarre magic), but
has not been overly interested. The last few years she has gone to
several gatherings with me and is actually considering working with
me on a show this halloween! Time will tell, she is a great actress
and will probably steal the show and end up being the real performer
in the family.

Dave
GeorgeG
View Profile
Inner circle
Thousand Oaks, CA
1019 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
My wife is indifferent over my collecting. I never talk magic as I know it will bore her, but she will take the time to see me perform an effect I may be working on and give me an honest opinion on my performance.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
My wife is a gem! Aside from being a reluctant reader (only does it when I get a gig for Sandals resorts so she can come with me), she helped create my PR portfolio, wrote much of the copy in the PR package and the web site, helped me get my headshots done, re-did my wardrobe, improved my stage, direction for my various shows, improved my movement and energy on stage and has not objected EVER to my professional purchases. Of course the fact that she's a graduate of the Goodman School of Drama (at DePaul University) and the publisher of the Chicago Talent Directory might have something to do with it.

I can honestly say that I would not be where I am, either as a person or a performer, without her help for these many years.

I thank the Gods and Goddesses every day of my life for her being in my life. And you may quote me on that! Smile

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
My fiancee is great. She's very supportive, even though for me it's just a hobby. She tells me when I flash a mistake (she caught the Dreamweaver gimmick the first time I did it for her). Her patience, however, is finite...so I know when to put the tricks away and just be her man. She also definitely keeps my ego in check Smile
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
898 Posts

Profile of espmagic
Shnarker's comment was the best: "She loves the fact that I am into magic. At least it keeps me home and out of the bars, which I would frequent nightly."

Where else would you be working?

My wife of five years acts as my office assistant, helping me with design of website, business cards, etc. She makes phone calls, tries to "sell" me at every chance. She is wonderful! (Hear that, Jen?)

However, she doesn't want to "talk" mentalism. I get to listen how her day went (oh, did I mention that she also works a full time job?) and all of the grief she often goes through, but she gets this glazed-over look in her eyes when I start talking about the new peek device, or the idea for the show, etc.

And my nine-year old adopted son thinks magic is real, so anything that I do is simply anti-climactic. But right now, I wouldn't have it any other way!

Lee
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
829 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
A couple of people have mentioned that their kids think the magic is real and it reminded me of an incident I had a few months ago. I wanted to practice an effect and called my youngest (10 year old boy) in to try it out. All of a sudden he burst into tears. This was totally unexpected as nothing I did for him was the least bit scary nor did I think that it was emotional in any way. When I asked him what was the matter he replied "you can read my mind and I can't read yours." A very scary thing for a child...

Dave
Don McCleod
View Profile
Veteran user
Coulsdon
360 Posts

Profile of Don McCleod
My wife thinks it's all a big yawn. Maybe I need to sharpen my skills up as I find that she and my daughters end up leaving the room as soon as pull my bikes out. I think magic and mentalism is just a guy thing possibly.
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
LOL...I'm a Hypnotist, how do you think I got a woman 24 years my junior to marry me ???? (J/K).

~Rick~
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Rick, my wife was Miss Chicago in 1981. I'm a hypnotist. It's how we met. I'll leave it to you to connect the dots... (joking, but I did help her win 3 Gold medals at ISIA World Championships in Chicago in 1996 using hypnosis to help her with stage anxiety issues).

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
Hi Lee:

So your wife is an Ice Skater. I could have used your help years ago if you had any suggestions that would have made you skate better. lol

Martin Smile
Martin Blakley, CSH, DASH, CMSA
http://www.thehypnoguy.com/HYPNORESOURCES
http://www.docgrayson.com/
How To Sell Anything Online
http://tub.bz/?r=1z
Copyright to my own words retained 100%.
Desix
View Profile
New user
Arlington, Texas
59 Posts

Profile of Desix
I just use mine as a test subject to practice new effects. When the effect works, she often doesn't speak to me for a while because I don't tell her how I did it. I usually get called a couple names first. Its a lot of fun...
Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
Hey, guys? Where does Osiris get his information? He seems to know a lot about alot. I want to see some stats proving that those in the entertainment industry have such a hard time. Documented evidence is always nice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What does your "significant other" think? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL