The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Help with lighting effect (TV,hearth) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Avrakdavra
View Profile
Loyal user
The Pine Tree State, USA
224 Posts

Profile of Avrakdavra
I would appreciate some help with achieving the following effect:
During a story, the audience sees my face awash with the cold, bluish, flickering light of a television. At a desired point in the narrative, the light on my face changes to the warm-colored, wavering illumination of a fireplace or bonfire.

I could, of course, sit behind a concealed television monitor and switch from one DVD track to another. However, I would prefer something less obvious. The effect must be self generated and self contained, i.e. something I can bring with me without relying on theatrical lighting that's part of the performance venue.

Suggestions would be most appreciated. I may also take the question to the F/X forum, but I am hoping that the bizarrists will have a typically clever solution (or five).

Bruce
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
The first thing that comes to mind is a color wheel on a light, but without a bit more infromation on how close you will be to folks, power source, brightness and all, it is hard to say if the idea of a portable (from flashlight sized up) light with a split color filter would suit yoru needs.
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Help with lighting effect (TV,hearth) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL