The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Astro Star (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Ed Stein has put out an effect called Astro Star...it's available through Steven's Magic.

Does anyone have any personal experience with this?
JuRim
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of JuRim
It is not easy ( some math to do )but it´s a potential Killer... I combine it with my Perfect Time machine( Hour of Birth)and some Pre-show work. It will be helpful if you have some background information on zodiac signs but...I did it first without reading books about this theme. It is a worker I use it almost every performance.

hope that helps
JuRm
I asked if she like cardtricks. she said:No! I did four...
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
I have a copy of AstroStar that I've decided not to use. If anyone wants it, PM me and I'll tell you my asking price.
Osiris
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Osiris
Quote:
On 2005-02-22 16:59, JuRim wrote:
It is not easy ( some math to do )but it´s a potential Killer... I combine it with my Perfect Time machine( Hour of Birth)and some Pre-show work. It will be helpful if you have some background information on zodiac signs but...I did it first without reading books about this theme. It is a worker I use it almost every performance.

hope that helps
JuRm

I was afraid of the math part... how easy would it be to cheat this aspect and not have to deal with it in one's head?

Too... I'd like to know more about the Perfect Time Machine thing you mentioned... that sounds interesting!
Franmonet
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Franmonet
Is Astro Star just an effect or a complete cold reading system, the ad doesn't go
into any depth about what type of cold reading system it is?
Heck is for people who don't believe in gosh
JuRim
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of JuRim
To Osiris
Well you can cheat, having a paper with all the calculating stuff hidden from the audience ( on a memo pad or a pen or something else)and before the show I send one of my assistent ( ok, friends Smile)into the crowd to get some pre show information when no hot reading is possible. And the Perfect Time Machine stuff I always do one on one as an encore when the person I did Astro Star asks for more - just a good reputation maker. At the moment I am working on a Stage version but perhaps that will never be completed...
To Franmonet
Astro Star is just an effect...but gives good ground for cold readings...with the book you are able to get the date of birth and if you want the zodiac sign...but the cold-reading is not a given feature in the effect.
I asked if she like cardtricks. she said:No! I did four...
Stefan S.
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Stefan S.
Astrostar to me is the perfect version how to get the birthdate and with that the zodiak without having them write it down! You can do it with anyone at any time! And of course with the zodiak and the birthdate you could do a lot of cold reading!

Over here in germany it is an underground method which people do not realy want to leak you so it becomes mainstream!

Greetings from Frankfurt

Stefan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Astro Star (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL