The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » FINDING MEMBERS GEOGRAPHICALLY » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paradox
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of Paradox
Thanks for all your help in the past.
Now I've got another question: is it possible to do a search of members by CITY? I've noticed one or two members living in the same city I'm in & wondering if there's any more. Thanks.
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
The answer is: not really.

There are links going across the top of the member list (username, from, joined, etc.), and "from" is a link. Clicking that will put the member list in order of "from", but there are a lot of people who don't have anything in that field of their profile, so those empty boxes would be shown first.

Sorted by "from", I had to go to page 103 before I got anything in that box to show up.

It depends, too, on how the location was entered by the member. For example, somebody that's in the twin-cities area of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota, could enter either one, or "twin cities".
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Hi,
what happened to the location info that was appearing underneath the avatar? Why is that? I found this feature very useful.

-Uli
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
It's back now! I updated the viewtopic page scripts (used to generate this page) on the 25th of September to use database queries more efficiently and reducing the overall number of DB connections to generate the page. The "user from" data was one thing that was missed - and the only thing I know of so far. Thanks for pointing it out! Smile
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » FINDING MEMBERS GEOGRAPHICALLY » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL