The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Recomendations For Chewing Gum Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
Quote:
On 2005-04-04 12:14, Adam Javer wrote:
There's also Wrap It Up by Jay Sankey, but I hear that's not too good. Anyone have this?

Adam

Chance Wolf has some points there, still I'm one that don't like the effect at all.
Way to much get ready and it's as angle proof as a balducci levitation shown from the front...

Jack.
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I just ordered a couple of these and I'll be checking it out.
I hope it's good. Seems like it is from the comments.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
I suppose it's a bit late to suggest that using chewing gum -- or ANYTHING ELSE taken from the mouth (or any other bodily orifice,for that matter <G>) is simply disgusting, in the audience's view.

Oh, sure; they may laugh at it but they won't respect you in the morning!

(Now I step aside as about a zillion slavering, fuming posters point out how much success they have with this sort of thing. Kinda makes you wonder what the rest of their act is like!)
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I got my sticky situations in stock and love 'em.
Nice idea. Simple, effective.
Best of all... convenient.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Mullica's gum to balloon
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Quote:
On 2005-04-05 17:46, Peter Marucci wrote:
I suppose it's a bit late to suggest that using chewing gum -- or ANYTHING ELSE taken from the mouth (or any other bodily orifice,for that matter <G>) is simply disgusting, in the audience's view.

In your view perhaps Peter, but I'm sure you don't believe that you speak for all the audiences of North America, now do you?

I've seen Jay do the trick and no one was offended by seeing the chewing gum. Of course as Jay does it he doesn't remove the gum from his mouth, he "finds it" stuck under the table he is performing on. Which, if you think about it, is actually "more offensive" because he's accidentally stuck his hand into someone else's gum.

Of course, when he "just happens" to have an empty gum wrapper in his pocket, and transforms the gum into it's pristine condition, the audience realizes it's all an amusing magic trick and that it was probably his gum all along...
dmk_kirkland
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of dmk_kirkland
Puts new meaning into the phrase "starting dirty and ending clean" Smile
Cheers,
David
sion
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of sion
Try the bubble gum mouth coils
It wasn't me it was the one-armed man!
Atown88
View Profile
New user
Plymouth, MA
49 Posts

Profile of Atown88
Wrap It Up by Jay Sankey
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Quote:
On 2005-04-04 12:14, Adam Javer wrote:
There's also Wrap It Up by Jay Sankey, but I hear that's not too good. Anyone have this?

Adam

I have it and I think it's great.
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2005-04-05 17:46, Peter Marucci wrote:

Oh, sure; they may laugh at it but they won't respect you in the morning!

(Now I step aside as about a zillion slavering, fuming posters point out how much success they have with this sort of thing. Kinda makes you wonder what the rest of their act is like!)

I agree with you, especially if you're working restaurant magic. If I were at a restaurant and someone walked up to my table and touched his/her gum, then touched me or wanted to borrow my ring or something, I'd be quite disgusted.
magiciandex
View Profile
New user
White Pine, Tennessee
80 Posts

Profile of magiciandex
There is a new trick called sticky situation. This is one of the best chewing gum trick I have ever scene.
IBM Ring 58
Winter Carnival Of Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Recomendations For Chewing Gum Effects (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL