The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bauer does the PK touch? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Shimi
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
107 Posts

Profile of Shimi
Let me start again
I heared that Bauer did PK on TV.
I just wanted to know what he did.
(I agree that Choen is the best,Banachek
is second and I will let you know about Andy Leviss when I come back from the 72hr)

Thanks
Shimi
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
LOL, I don't perform the effect, so I'd say my performance of it is fairly lacking ;o)

BTW, I don't recall getting a registration from you...did you send it in yet and I'm just having a brain fart, or is it coming? I look forward to meeting you in person!

--A
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Shimi,

We cannot give the method to the effect here. You know the effect already, and I have told you that it plays strongly. That's about all the info we'll allow here. I suggest you contact Joel directly if you want more info.

Angel Merlin,

As I recall, the lady screamed jst befor the "touch" ended. She was clueless to the method and truly freaked out!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Doogie
View Profile
New user
USA
52 Posts

Profile of Doogie
Quote:
Also, for those interested in my show in London, I'll be at the Langham Hilton from October 2 to 19. Hope to meet some of you there.

Steve,
My wife and I saw your show the other night (5 Oct first show). We were the yanks in the crowd (my wife was the very pregnant one). Fantastic show! I'm glad to see that this type of entertainment is making a comeback. My wife, being the magician's wife who's seen it all and been forced to see some pretty bad magic ( mostly mine Smile ) was very impressed! So was I! Your PK touches was great, as was the rest of your repetoire. Best of luck with the rest gigs here in London!

Doogie
Shimi
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
107 Posts

Profile of Shimi
I know the method.
I didn't ask about the method.
I was asking about the routine>

example: Geller does picture duplication:
The host of the TV show say:Before the show Uri asked me to draw something in my room.
He hasn't seen it and it was in my pocket
all the time.
Geller: OK ,I have no idea what you draw.
Close your eyes.
Try to draw it in your mind again.
Yes , yes.
Please start again.
OK I got it , the Star of David.
Wow ,amazing, wow ,amazing
TV host: wowo ,amazing
Geller and look ,It is the same size.
Wow amazing.
Lets end here

I am asking what did Bauer said.
Did he asked her to close her eyes like Lior Manor?
Did he went the Banacheck way?
was it on the face? on her arm? on her hands?
Did he talk to the dead?
Did he hold her very tight (like he always does).

Shimi
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
When I saw him do it, it was on her arm. He did none of the other things you asked. I don't remember his patter, and even if I did, IMO it would be unethical to give it here, as it is HIS patter. You should, as I said before, contact Joel if you want to know his presentation.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
AllThumbs
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
375 Posts

Profile of AllThumbs
Great show Steve, enjoyed it a lot.

I second Mr Rowland's opinion on his presentation of 'PK touches' It is hard to present to an audience without the audience thinking 'and so what?' and again Steve Cohen presents it unambiguously. Nice work.

He also shows that it is possible to present magic with mentalism, his routine blends well and doesn't leave his audience feeling 'tricked'

As well as being well entertained, I came away feeling I learnt from his performance skills. If you are in London and haven't yet seen his show - go and see it, you are in for a treat.

Regards,

Kris Sheglova
The above is all rubbish, except that which you chose to believe
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
re;
"can someone tell what it is?
I am not going to do it , I just want to know and compare."

Seems like I have heard that LINE SO many times, lol. More often in the past year or so after Derren Brown shows.

Paul.
Shimi
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
107 Posts

Profile of Shimi
I don't do the PK touches or any thing like that.
I always like to know when Baur or others in his cliber are doing something special with old effects.
I like the way Bauer make it big
(I like it when Berglas does it as well)
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Kevin Dunn did a wonderful version of Pk touches at the Phoenix Gathering.

A wonderful presentation.

Very very strong.

Anyone else familiar with it?
Ray Eldard
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, AZ
90 Posts

Profile of Ray Eldard
I saw Bauer perform his version on a recent episode of the nationally (in the US) syndicated daytime talk show "The Other Half." It's hosted by Dick Clark, Danny Bonaduce and one of the kids from "Saved By The Bell." Without giving away any of the method I can tell you what you would have seen had you been able to watch the show.

First off, it'll come as no surprise to you that Joel's presentation is more high energy than that printed in the Banachek manuscript. Secondly, yes, the spectator closed her eyes. The biggest departure from the manuscript is that the "aura cleansing" was more of a martial arts kata in Bauer's presentation, and frankly I'd be surprised if anyone other than Joel could pull it off without looking goofy. Also, he used the arm not the shoulder and his patter was different from Banachek's story, but to be honest I don't recall exactly what he said.

It was a fun presentation, but like I said, you'd almost have to be Joel to pull it off quite the same way. Again, I don't think I've spoken out of school as I haven't told you anything several million bored housewives couldn't have told you as well.

Ray
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bauer does the PK touch? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL