The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Daryls rope routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bennie90
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
169 Posts

Profile of Bennie90
Hi! everybody who performs Daryl Rope routine know the moves. (I think Smile Smile) I was thinking some other move to get rid of that small piece. I don't like jumping ends move and I don't get good reactions with it. Do you have any ideas?
*going crazy with Jeff Mcbrides Art Of Card Manipulation dvds*
Ollie1235
View Profile
Special user
England
533 Posts

Profile of Ollie1235
Ok, I have a handling for that,i also never liked the travelling ends, so ive adapted the routine and removed that part aswell as the instant knot, and it doesn't leave you 'dirty' at any point, pm me for details.

ollie
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
I like David Williamson's clean up for this situation.

"I put the two ends in my pocket"
He puts the two ends in his pants pocket.

"Except for this one over here"
Showing one of the other ends.

"And this one over here"
Show the other end.

"And the middle is now in my pocket"
Pulls out the middle in pocket.

My woman laughs out loud everytime I do that. She says I 'get her with it everytime.'

You can find this on Williamson's Dave2 DVD. (It's knot in his book) Smile
~Craig
Ollie1235
View Profile
Special user
England
533 Posts

Profile of Ollie1235
But then don't you have to retreive the ends from the pockt for proffesors nightmare or is there somethingim missing?

ollie
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Yes, have the third rope stored in the same pocket and you're set. Do the move- hand out the long first rope- then grab the "other" rope(s) and continue.

As far as I can tell from his VHS tape of his routine, that should work just fine. If you wear a sport coat you can use that pocket instead of your pants.

Craig
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
GreyGhost: Please help me visualize this a bit better... are you putting the short piece into your pocket (getting rid of the ends) and then pulling it back out and calling it the middle?

You wrote "Do the move- hand out the long first rope- then grab the "other" rope(s) and continue." When you say grab the otehr rope.. is that the middle length piece?

Maybe I am just slow but I just seem to be missing the picture or the sequence.

Thanks, - Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Nicodemus... yes. you got it. the 'ends' go in the pocket and the middle appears. You should check out sleight of Dave2, he has a ring and rope routine that pretty much has that exact same 'phase' in it where you need to ditch the little rope. I just related it to Daryl's routine. Where Daryl says you can start with all the ropes together wherever you want them... so put them in the pocket you ditch the 'ends' in and you're set.

Craig
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Hi Guys,
I have always gotten a huge reaction out of the traveling ends phase of Daryl's routine. I rarely, however, go on into the prof nightmare sections but end with the mobile and vanishing knot from Salvano's rope video. I think the opening segments of Daryl's routine are absolutely brilliant, powerful and practical. Thanks Daryl!

-Ed
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Daryls rope routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL