The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » It's A Lu Lu - Docc Hilford (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8254 Posts

Profile of pegasus
This sounds too good to be true..

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/customer/pr......p;page=1
Osiris
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Osiris
For that price you really can't go wrong!

I think it would be a great add-in bit for someone already working a Blindfold routine or as a PR bit that can embellish your work with a blindfold... say, with a local DJ or Reporter???

It has possibilities!
7th_Son
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
437 Posts

Profile of 7th_Son
Has anyone bought this?
"Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet!" - Groucho Marx
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
I picked it up. It’s not hard or expensive to make up. I haven’t tried it yet, because it's better suited for a group of 10 or more. It could be adapted for a smaller group. I’m happy with it.

Gavin D.
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Mr. Skin
Would this work with a very small group, say, a radio DJ etc. in the studio?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
Slim King,

As written you use 5 members of the audience. You could use the principle differently, with few people but you’d end up doing more handling of the deck. Over the radio the fact that you are blindfolded looses some impact.

Gavin D.
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
discjockey
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of discjockey
So does it meet the requirements that docc set forth?
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On 2005-02-25 11:07, pegasus wrote:
This sounds too good to be true..

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/customer/pr......p;page=1

It's from Hilford...it's going to sound too good to be true and it probably is.

Personally since I have only purchased one of Docc's booklets, but I will never purchase another one. I bought the Lolita System. A $30 manuscript that touted a system be used with borrowed deck, and that the spectator could name ANY card. lol. VERY misleading. (I sold it for $5 on ebay)

I also have seen him perform the Desert Brainstorm series..not very impressed.

I will never even look at another Hilford effect.

Just my opinion.
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
882 Posts

Profile of espmagic
What so many people don't seem to understand is that you need Docc's personality to perform his material - otherwise, it is a pale shadow...after all, he *is* Docc! Try his dice game, for example...you need to find a spot where you can gamble, convince everyone that you will be the "house", and not cheat, that you have no vested interest in who wins or loses, and do all of this while getting them to bet their money!
brucewilcox
View Profile
Loyal user
Readers advised to disregard most of my
266 Posts

Profile of brucewilcox
Performed this last night for the first time, and it was very well received. My thoughts on this effect are here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=0#5
...in the Land of the Free, and the Home of the B'Wave.
pacozaa
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of pacozaa
What I need to have after I read the book?
If it is RS, I can't easily find it. Would be great if someone PM about requirement to make the deck.

Thanks in advance!
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
770 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
You can make the deck with an ordinary deck plus some usual household items. Note that the suggested way to gimmick the deck is far from the only solution to build cards with the required properties.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2130 Posts

Profile of RCP
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2018, pacozaa wrote:
If it is RS, I can't easily find it. Would be great if someone PM about requirement to make the deck.

Thanks in advance!

You have at least one of Docc's effects. Does it fit your personality or style? A lot of performers don't have the "personality" "BIG B@@ls" to pull off some of the things he and others can accomplish. The further away from tricks you go the bigger these issues can be and probably is the basis for many of the mental magic-mentalism debates........
pacozaa
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of pacozaa
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2018, RCP wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2018, pacozaa wrote:

Thanks in advance!

You have at least one of Docc's effects. Does it fit your personality or style? A lot of performers don't have the "personality" "BIG B@@ls" to pull off some of the things he and others can accomplish. The further away from tricks you go the bigger these issues can be and probably is the basis for many of the mental magic-mentalism debates........

Yes sir. I have personality and big balls. Start using Cassandra Deck a few days now.
pacozaa
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of pacozaa
I got this. The effect has similarity to IN THE MIND by HENRY FETSCH but has more versatile, features, revelation and easier. Good effect but need "personality" and "big balls" to pull off as mentioned by RCP. Will definitely use it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » It's A Lu Lu - Docc Hilford (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL