The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Temple Screen Anybody? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SanCho14jfm
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
244 Posts

Profile of SanCho14jfm
OK, so I have been playing around with my temple screen debating if I should include it into my show or not. Now it is a very visual and fun effect but I feel like there really isn't a strong way to close it. What do you all think of the temple screen and what routines do you do with it?
SanCho
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Maybe it works best, not as a "stand-alone" effect, but as part of a sequence of "where did that stuff come from?" productions - perhaps even a silent sequence set to music, several productions on a theme (all silks, for instance) from temple screen, thin air, crystal casket, etc.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
SanCho14jfm:

As you poke around looking for routine consider this.

Many routines for the “Square/ Circle” adapt very well to the Temple Screen.

Bob
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Karrell Fox had a great routine for this in "Another Book"

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I have used the Temple Screen for years as part of my silk routine. I perform the effect in three phases. In each phase, I begin by showing both sides of the screen empty.

In the first phase, I produce a small red silk. That usually gets polite response.

In the second phase, I produce a larger blue silk. That gets them wondering.

In the third phase, I produce a huge "streamer" of silks - that gets the crowd really wild.

I then use the silks for the remainder of my silk routine, thereby providing a certain degree of continuity.
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
gumbimagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Too busy performing to have more than
313 Posts

Profile of gumbimagic
It is a great production item. I've used it for over twenty years. I used it like a take-out menu the take out food. after years I found this use of the screen from Owens Magic they actually produce this item as a menu. If done well it is a real fooler! I wouldn't recommend using it as it comes from Mak. I would dress it up a bit....redecorate it.
SanCho14jfm
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
244 Posts

Profile of SanCho14jfm
Thanks for the ideas guys, I really appreciate the tips. Any other ideas would be great!
SanCho
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
I produce my rocky raccoon from mine...as an effect alone the temple screen is so-so but when you include it with something else it can be very powerful. I find it helps to the decor of my show, either hiding props behind it or picking the kids curiousity with the cantonese writting.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Temple Screen Anybody? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL