We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » slightly-visible invisble deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
If you take off the cellophane of a fresh deck carefully, it can keep its square shape.. This might be nice for doing a Don Alan style invisible deck routine... after the usual by play with the miming that you have a deck, comment that if you hold it at just the right angle you can almost see it... in which case you toss the "invisible" deck into the hand that has the square cellophane palmed.. hold it up, and from a distance, this might create a startling impression that you were really telling the truth about the decks invisibilty... Then you can make the deck turn fully visible and continue on with the card revelation as normal....
Jay
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern New Jersey
400 Posts

Profile of Jay
Geoff: I like this idea! I am now using Bill Malone's Standing Ovation I.D. and this may be a nice bit of business for that routine.

Jay Smile

P.S. I did the Malone routine last night at a SAM member dinner, and it got a Standing 'O'! Go figure... Smile
Magic74Josh
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
101 Posts

Profile of Magic74Josh
That is a very nice effect. I am just wondering how you are to hold the wrapper without it collapsing....it may be difficult. Smile Smile Smile Smile
Magically Yours,
Magic74Josh
Magic7Josh@aol.com
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I guess you just have to be gentle.
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
Bill Malone always plays big. I have 1-3 of on the loose. They are my favorite tricks. Which did you perform?
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Geoff,
Wow, a beautiful idea.
I love it!
Smile
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
I love the idea, but it is a little unreasonable. I smoke and have been able to do it with the cellophane on a cigarette pack, but when I tried it with cards, it didn't work. Try switching from the cellophane on the deck of cards to the cellophane on the pack of cigarettes. If you know any smokers ask them for the cellophane from that pack.
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1647 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
What a great idea, Geoff!

Thanks for sharing it.

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
montz
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of montz
Hey Geoff, kick ass idea dude! How about doing other stuff with an invisible deck...

Like springing it so it makes noise, or dropping it into a glass that goes ping?

Just a thought... be gentle with me!

Smile
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Ah! nice idea. I love auditory illusions. This might routine well with Lennart Greens laser deal. Start with a normal deck.. Start dealing into the laser and the cards turn invisible. Then make the whole deck invisible.
montz
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of montz
ooooh Geoff... you arer a clever, clever man, that is a cool idea indeed. I like the idea of a deck being really invisible...

Perhaps you could change a regular deck into a see through deck, like, 52 pieces of acetate or plastic.

hmmmmmm....

keep up the good thinking Geoff.

Smile
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
Follow up invisible deck with Omni deck, where it turns into a solid block of plastic.

P.S. Does anyone know where you can still get this effect? (Omni-deck)

-Ty Smile

I found it myself. Could be an interesting ending.

http://www.magictricks.com/closeup/omnideck.htm
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
montz
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of montz
That does sound like a cool idea. You could stick some pips on, so the cards turn invisible but the pips don't. That would be wierd.
MrClue
View Profile
New user
Germany
31 Posts

Profile of MrClue
For a while I was playing around with the idea of using the "Vanishing/Appearing Deck" gimmick to make the Invisible Deck really turn visible. I just couldn't come up with a good idea to incorporate a deck switch in-between. Any ideas?

Magical greetings,
MrClue Smile
wassabi_87
View Profile
Loyal user
moscow, idaho
226 Posts

Profile of wassabi_87
Hey, thanks for the idea!!!
bike during the day,
do magic at night,
and very early the next morning,
homework.
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
Geoff, I very like your idea, can I use it, please???

Thanks in advance.

Take care.

Kuffs
mrlavaboy
View Profile
New user
Indpls
94 Posts

Profile of mrlavaboy
Guys thanks for the ideas...my mind is racing. I love the idea of using the packaging on card decks and I will hit all my smoking friends up for the cello..

The solid plastic deck could come in handy as well.

andy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » slightly-visible invisble deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL