The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » $25,000.00 Challenge & Deja-vu » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
JarrodHenry
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of JarrodHenry
Anyone can post a press release on prweb. That's what it's there for. For anyone to post press releases. The fact is, though, that there are videos of the Yellow Bamboo's preliminary test on the Randi forum, and it is clear that they did not do what they said they were going to do. No need to go to the formal test, they didn't pass the preliminary.
jocce
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of jocce
Could it be this test that you're talking about?
http://members.iinet.net.au/~ftrust/
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Profile of J ack Galloway
Jarrod,

I remember reading Randi's commnentary on this. He did say he was going to do the second test I believe

Cheers

Jack
JarrodHenry
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of JarrodHenry
The last time YB is mentioned in Randi's commentary is February 11, 2005.

He writes this.

And, you might remember those blowhards who call themselves the "Yellow Bamboo." They were just officially tested in Australia, and failed miserably to perform. They literally "bit the dust." But I'm sure they'll bluster their way back into the media again, as always.

(end Randi quote)

It's as simple as this. A group called Yellow Bamboo came forward. They stated they could do better self defense by wearing yellow. They made a statement of abilities. JREF designed a test to test that. YB failed. They cannont do what they claim to do.

See, the TESTEE sets their own mark on this. Both sides agree to it. Then it's up to the testee to do exactly what they say they are going to do.

It shouldn't be that hard.
jocce
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of jocce
The videos on the url I posted are from that test. As far as I can tell, it wasn't a completely successful demonstration of the powers of the YB practioners.

/J
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
"J ack Galloway" apparently does not understand Randi's Challenge. I guess he thinks he can make up his own rules. Remember, you tell Randi what it is you can do, both sides agree on the terms, and if you do what you say you can do, then you get the money. You don't make the rules.
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

It is my challenge Micheal, so yes I can set the rules.
If Randi can do it to expose people so can I.

Cheers

Jack

owner of the
JimClass.com effect
JarrodHenry
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of JarrodHenry
I bet you a grand.. $1000 US, Jack, that you will not get JREF's million dollar prize by 11:59 , December 31, 2005.

Put your money where your mouth is.
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

So let me get this right Jarrod, are you betting on Randi's challenge or mine?
If it is mine the rules are outlined. If Randi accepts you have a deal.

I will make the deal better for you and give you fifteen hundred if I do not succed to make the million to your thousand.

I will certainly not apply and waste my time wih his game because I believe it to be a promotional gimmick.

Especially now that he can live off of the large donation to his cause.
Hey as you said it is all in the tax records.

Randi's deal is starting to look more and more like a weird cultist church scenario to me.

Take you for example you Jarrod, offering your own cash to defend you "messia".
If he is so divine why does he not step up?

My offer is simple one test one target one answer.
No wiggle room.

Cheers,

Jack
JarrodHenry
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of JarrodHenry
The catch is, you have to win the Million Dollar prize as specified by JREF. It must be their prize, their rules, by December 31st. In short, you must win the million dollars from James Randi, as you have claimed on your website Smile

As for the no wiggle room thing, should I have a lawyer draw up the papers?
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
I agree with the others who write that Randi will not accept any conditions but his own. I don’t know Randi and I don’t even agree with everything he believes, but it’s clear from reading his web site that he isn’t going to meet someone else’s conditions for a test.

J ack Galloway wrote:
Quote:
My offer is simple one test one target one answer.
No wiggle room.

But your test doesn't require anything paranormal, just something correct. You could, for example, just say, "The target is the million dollars." That would meet your criteria. After all, you require Randi to bring the money to the event.

Whether this is your intention or not, a lawyer would think this after reading your test requirements. It was my first thought upon reading them.

Why not make your challenge absolutely require something paranormal?
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Hi Bill,

The paranormal and supernatural cannot exist in a test environment.
It must conform to scientific observation and measurement.
At that point it does not fit the loose and ethereal description of paranormal or supernatural events.

And because of what I read on one of JREF boards I came up with my challenge.
Mine is simple direct and is definitely outside of the abilities of any mentalist or magician I have ever met.

I have had an outside offer to up my challenge cash for a percentage of my earnings but don't like the idea of sharing profits with some one just bringing money to the table in this sort of endeavor.
I will raise the challenge dollars over time myself.

To your other concern, I must name the target object,( what is in the box or locker).
If I am wrong I lose.

Would it make it more believable to tell you that yes I intend on reaching with my mind/soul etc. to that location to observe the object placed in the box.
Because I don't see how that could be defined as paranormal.

I have done several things that would not be considered regular occurring natural phenomena and have proof of the things listed on my website JimClass.Com.

Most of my work is for corporate clients. The deja-vue experiment is real. I did what it says on the site. At a corporate event. I do not believe that a mentalist has or ever will be able to duplicate the performance. I invite others to check it out.

I believe it to be a natural event. I am real I conform to the rules of nature their for I cannot be unnatural/supernatural. But the event and performance are definitely unusual and rare.

This challenge to Randi is no different. I am of this world I conform to the laws of nature no matter how obscure they may be. So anything I do must be natural.

Don't you think so?

Best Wishes,

Jim

I work corporate markets that are not compatible to anything but entertainment product.
No new agae no religion strait line entertianment.

It is how I make a living. I do not play the new age market nor do I desire to do so.
I don't want to start a church or build a cliental for readings.

So based upon the above information tell me what the problem is with my disclaimer?

I claim to be what I am.

I would point out that you do not understand my position.

I once again I point out to those who serve the Amazing Messiah Randi.
It is my challenge not his. I do not trust him and so I offer my own.

Do you find my test to be one you could pass possibly?

If not why not?
It is simple one target one answer.
If I do not name the target I lose.

Simple no playing about.

I can do it can you?

Jack
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Do you understand that in order to win the million dollars you must meet Randi's Challange, not your's?
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Micheal,

Not if he accepts mine.

Jack
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Why would he accept yours? Why would he give you money for meeting your own challenge? That is not how it works. That would be like me saying that I should win the money for performing a trick under conditions that I set.
JarrodHenry
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of JarrodHenry
All I'm saying is it's not Randi's challenge anymore. It's a 501(c)3's challenge with very specific rules set up in the bylaws of a company and run by another person. Namely, Kramer.

I don't even think Randi looks at the applications much until it gets to the preliminary test.
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Yes it has become a church, For many now make a living off of the (donation) and it must be protected.

Jack

Posted: Mar 15, 2005 6:52pm
---------------------------------------
So bill,

What do you think of my answer?

Jack
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Again, why should you get the money for meeting your challenge?
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Jack, with all due respect, I'm not sure if anyone clearly understands what your challenge is. Perhaps if you spelled out your challenge, explicitly and clearly.

I've read this page:
http://www.jimclass.com/Bid_for_$1,000,000.00.htm

but I still don't understand what, exactly you'll be doing. Also, why must the judgement be determined in 10 minutes? Why the rush?
Ola
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia / Sweden
245 Posts

Profile of Ola
I'm currently writing down a few numbers for a raffle that I will draw myself tomorrow. Hopefully I will win the $10 that I conned my neighbour to put up as a prize.
Wish me luck!
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you are all the same...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » $25,000.00 Challenge & Deja-vu » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL