The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Where are the Magic / mentalist venues in Las Vegas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Glenn
View Profile
New user
Seaford, Sussex, UK
80 Posts

Profile of Glenn
I am on holiday in Las Vegas at the end of April and I was wondering if anybody knew of any good places to see shows, meet like minded individuals etc.

Thank you,

Glenn
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
You can find plenty of information on magicians in Las Vegas at Vegas.com.

David Copperfield performs at the MGM about every other month. Other good shows include:

Lance Burton
Amazing Johnathan
World's Greatest Magic Show (7 magicians in one show!)
Showgirls of Magic (assuming you're not taking the kids along, and you're in the mood for some old-fashioned Burlesque fun)
Mac King
Rick Thomas
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
734 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Definetely gotta catch Mac King if you can

As far as mentalists in Vegas, None really come to mind immediately.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2906 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Penn & Teller are at the Rio.
ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
Check out Boomers for a local hang out -- can someone provide logistics?
JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
You really can't go wrong with either P&T or Lance Burton. Each show is just incredibly spectacular (which is good, since one ticket will run you about $75 or so).

For my money, if I could only afford one, it would be Lance Burton. I saw his show a while back and I'm going again next week. Hopefully he's put new stuff in his act, but even if he hasn't, it will still be spectacular. I love getting fooled Smile
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
I've seen Lance Burton 3 times at the Monte Carlo....each was very worth it. his opening sequence where manipulates cards and does his dovework is very....well, I'll just leave it for you to decide.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Dr Jim
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Dr Jim
I saw Penn&Teller in Nov. The show was good, but they did "expose" some magic and make fun of Lance Burton.
hemisphere
View Profile
New user
Chicago, IL
39 Posts

Profile of hemisphere
When in doubt, check out this site:
http://www.livemagicguide.com/

My 2 cents: See P&T (they often have 1-2 pieces of mental magic in the show).
After that, don't miss Cirque du Soleil. Not a whole lot of mentalism, but incredible shows.
Desix
View Profile
New user
Arlington, Texas
59 Posts

Profile of Desix
I saw the recent post by Banachek saying that he was going to Vegas for a few weeks. Anybody know his Venue?
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Go to the Coke Bottle on the strip. They have half price same day tickets for sale. You can go to Penn and Teller for around 45 bucks.

Quote:
On 2005-02-27 22:45, Desix wrote:
I saw the recent post by Banachek saying that he was going to Vegas for a few weeks. Anybody know his Venue?

I don't think he is actually working in a venue. I beleive that he is helping another mentalist with a T.V. performance.
JohnGL
View Profile
New user
Northridge, CA
21 Posts

Profile of JohnGL
Mac King at the Harrah's. Two shows daily (1:00 and 3:00 PM). He's dark Sunday and Monday. Very funny show.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Where are the Magic / mentalist venues in Las Vegas? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL