The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » How many videos do you own? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
After reading 6 pages of rants about disappointing videos, I shake my head in disbelief. How many videos does the average magician own? Videos are nice, I agree, but don't you guys have families to feed or something? Smile

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
whodini
View Profile
Regular user
Clearwater, FL
155 Posts

Profile of whodini
John:
Each person has something he likes to collect. I am sure you do too. I don't feel it is anybody's place to judge what we or you use money to spend. I was not a part of the thread but I promise not to judge your collections and hobbies and you should not judge others
Believe in magic!
visit me at www.whodinimagic.com
Aperazor
View Profile
Loyal user
Akron,Ohio
244 Posts

Profile of Aperazor
Darn
I knew ther was something I was forgetting...groceries!
Oh well...skinny is in.

I'm still looking for the Fiber optics dvd if anyone has it cheap...looks like another Hamburger Helper Easter dinner coming up.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Whodini, sorry you interpreted my post as judgmental; the winking smiley was intended to show light-hearteness in my question. My apologies if offense was taken.

But my question is nonetheless sincere: do magicians generally have TONS of videos?

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
whodini
View Profile
Regular user
Clearwater, FL
155 Posts

Profile of whodini
My bad John:
I misinterpreted your intentions. I enjoy viewing vids as it gives me ideas to put together for my own magic. I do magic behind the bar full time and I love watching (both good and bad) others performing styles and I enjoy most seeing in front of a live audience. One of my most influential vids I have ever watched is a visit with heba haba al as it showed a master at crowd involvement and control. It showed no secrets, just a master at work. I like to feel I take bits and pieces from performers to hone my performance skills. Again John, I apologize for not seeing the lightheartedness behind your post
Park
Believe in magic!
visit me at www.whodinimagic.com
Aperazor
View Profile
Loyal user
Akron,Ohio
244 Posts

Profile of Aperazor
Well, knowing full well that this will help form opinions of my magic in some people's minds, I will answer this honestly...
I got back into magic a little over a year ago and I must admit I have been totally addicted, I can't get enough.
I originally had intended to maybe buy 20 or so video and dvds and really work hard on learning and perfecting before moving on.
I estimate that I have over 120 titles now, but in my defense I bought most of them at very good prices on closeouts or here at the Café.
There have been a few times where I actually knew I shouldn't order something because the finances weren't where they should be, but then again I can spend all day justifying them.
I don't drink,don't golf,don't eat at fancy places,don't buy any other dvd's or music,etc...
And also I watch my stuff daily and make every effort to learn something every day and the bottom line is I enjoy every minute of it.
So who knows maybe getting back into magic saved me having a breakdown, or heart attack, think of how much I saved on medical expenses...Yeah...Yeah that's the ticket.
It has become somewhat of an addiction but I have gained so many new friends...The Mailman, the UPS man, The Federal Express guy.
And don't even get me started on how much magic I just had to have.
How about the rest of you any other compulsives out there?
All the best
Nick Zender
Wells34
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Wells34
Too many...yet still not enough.
Hoggle
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Hoggle
My guilty pleasure is books. I only have a few videos. I end up selling my videos except the ones that are truely exceptional.
Merry Christmas
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
I have quite a number of videos but I carefully pick what I purchase so it will be a best buy. I am only a teen and I rely on my parents for the videos. They don't have any problem with it as long as I keep my grades high. I remember they bought me 2 dvd's after graduating high school as valedictorian and another bunch after passing my college entrance test.
:dancing:
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Hundreds, but I don't feel bad because it could be worse...ask Marc DeSouza who probably has thousands.
Mark R. Williams
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Mark R. Williams
Yes,

Collecting can be a sickness. I have many DVD's which I find much superior to a standard video. I am very picky about what I buy though and only try to purchase the best reviewed. However, that said, I cannot seem to find a "Bad" coin dvd..........

As for Books.......... many hundred and still counting.....................

As for food.... eating once a week works for me... ;-)

Mark
"One more step on the pathway of Knowledge, that is if we don't break our leg crossing the street"
Pants99
View Profile
Loyal user
El Paso, TX
230 Posts

Profile of Pants99
I'm addicted to collecting these dvd's and vids!! I got like somethin over a hundred or so. It's like this- I buy one good one, another 3 come out. It's like digging a hole trying to reach the other end of the world. I'll tell ya it's digging a whole in my pocket. It's all good though, I love this stuff!!!

Pants
Buckle up... it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of afknight
Too many to count. literally hundreds (but nowhere near DeSouza's collection!). I'm in the process of purging all of my VHS tapes and will replace the ones I really want to keep with a DVD version. Oh, my collection has been amassed over 16 years just as a point of reference.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » How many videos do you own? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL