The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Mona Lisa— the end (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Shimi
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
107 Posts

Profile of Shimi
I read that Stan Allen took the Israeli position on the Mona Lisa. He will publish a 2-page Mona Lisa ad. Does it mean that Nicolai sold David Copperfield a rip off? Is it safe to buy it now? What do you know?
Alan Jackson
View Profile
Elite user
Cardiff, UK
432 Posts

Profile of Alan Jackson
I'm intrigued to know what this means. I understand the individual words but the whole thing sounds very mysterious.
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.
Bascomb Grecian
View Profile
Loyal user
Redding, Ca.
202 Posts

Profile of Bascomb Grecian
I do not understand this Mona Lisa thing.

This effect was performed by Mentalist Robert Dorian OVER twenty years ago on TV (although with a different puzzle).

What gives? What is up with all the accusatorial behavior? This all seems real silly to me. How can someone get arrested for performing a magic trick?
Welcome to The Magic Cafe'!
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
No, Stan did not take the "Israeli position" on this effect, if by that you mean the position that Nicolai ripped it off. As explicitly stated both in the letter that's been posted elsewhere on the 'net and in this month's issue of MAGIC, Stan's review concluded that it was an independent development on both parts, that is that neither party ripped the other one off.

As for the Dorian version, I don't know if that was factored in at all, but yes, it clearly was a predecessor of the identical effect. Whether either of these was inspired by/is a "ripoff" of that I couldn't say, so I won't.

--A
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Bascomb Grecian
View Profile
Loyal user
Redding, Ca.
202 Posts

Profile of Bascomb Grecian
Thanks Andy!

As always, you are a class act!

Bascomb
Welcome to The Magic Cafe'!
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
941 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
It's a good thing God's not in the copyright enforcement act, or we'd all be sporting chafed wrists for being callow imitations.

Cheers Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Mona Lisa— the end (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL