The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Pockets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cardman1990
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of cardman1990
Hey all, I just picked up a jacket with inside pockets (my previous didn't have nay inside) it has two breast pockets, and two at my hips (on the inside) aswell ad the one breast and two hips on the outside. I was wondering, what routines can I do that will put those to good use, I wanna catch up since I havent done anything with them ever Smile thanks
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
Well, obviously you could perform "The Travellers" (Vernon, Stars of Magic) or any of its variants (Milt Kort had one with no palming; Larry Jennings had one with an instant repeat; Darwin Ortiz has a nice one, but it would require some tailoring).

Guy Hollingworth has some good stuff in his book that involves a jacket, so that may be of interest to you.

There's all sorts of stuff that uses just a single pocket (see Larry Jennings' "Mystery Card").

You could start carrying around a card-to-wallet, or a LePaul envelope set.

You could have a slits made in the pockets making the inside pockets accessible through the outside (also useful if you have a topit installed).

While it's a coin thing, it'd be neat if you had it tailored for that trick from Modern Coin Magic where a coin vanishes from your hand and audibly arrives in a glass in one of your pockets.

With that many pockets you could set up all sorts of index systems or "outs" for mentalism tricks.

You could organize your packet tricks.

Those are just a few ideas, but if you think on it for a while I'm sure you could generate an enormous list.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Most multiple cards to pocket routines involve the jackets. Check out Vernons Travellers, Jennings Ambidextrous Travellers, or some of Kurtz and Marlo's work. Also, in Jennings '67, there is a cool routine where the deck is openly placed into your upper left breast pocket. One at a time, cards are transfered to the opposite side breast pocket until the spectator calls stop. The card they stop on (could be any) turns out to be a previously selected card. It is called Search and Stop.

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
cardman1990
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of cardman1990
Cool, thanks alot, I have kurtz' routine and am working on it (interchange in his unexplainable acts) but that should take me a while Smile, is the any topit you might reccomend? thanks
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
I guess I would look into the Cloutier material... as well as the Ammar topit tapes for a pattern.

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Pockets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL