The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Stop time (watch) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Attitude
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Attitude
I am trying to find some way to stop time (with someone's watch).
Priest
View Profile
New user
NYC
100 Posts

Profile of Priest
Great effect if you can pull it off. But be careful, some people may not want to have their watch ruined, or a new battery bought, or however it is done. So work on a way to start the time back up too. Smile

~Priest~
"Funk is not something U can buy at the corner store.
It is something that U find deep within Ur Soul!"
.:The One Year Project:. .:Forums:.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I use the traditional PK gimmick along with an apparent headache and nose bleed afterwards. This caused one person to lock themselves in a room until I left. It also won me a spot on the tv show A Current Affair

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
CENDRE
View Profile
Veteran user
FRANCE
334 Posts

Profile of CENDRE
As Peter Loughran said, PK gimmick will perfectly do the stop effect.

And if you want to follow, after you have proved you can stop the watch in specs hand, you can prove you are able to move the hands of the watch backward from an amount of time given by a spec and in this specs hand:

Take a look at PK Time from Banachek.

Then you have a double killer!

See you soon,
Il était une fois...

CENDRE
Paris
FRANCE
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
The standard "PK Gaff" can very possibly screw up a watch to the tune of up to $300 or so of repair costs if you happen to end up using the wrong kind of watch. I wouldn't want to risk it, but maybe your liability insurance is better than mine.

--A
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
christopher carter
View Profile
Special user
660 Posts

Profile of christopher carter
Shoot, Andy, my deductible is more than that.
But you make a very good point. I have wrecked a watch using the old fashioned stem-popping approach. PK in this context kind of gives me the willies.

--Christopher Carter
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
O.k. I use the Bavli "Stop Time" device and have NEVER ruined a watch in the five years or so I've used it. I also do the PK Time follow-up and have done so for a very long time... so long that I believe I was one of the first to do so... so much for staying
"original" with things... (Hopefully folks haven't adopted my little twists to this bit as well) Smile

Via the Bavli/PK Device mode there are some other things you can do that can be fun, should the opportunity present itself... the old LED Watch Displays (digital) will run forward in time really fast when this technology is applied... it's very funny and can add to the fun of a watch & time routine.

The biggest warning in using this system is,
Do not keep it engaged for more than 20-30 seconds at a time and NEVER repeat it with the same watch more than twice. If you follow these guidlines I doubt you'll ever have any major problems.

In regards to "ruining" a watch via this method... all that needs to be done in 90% of the cases, is what is known as deglauzing... take the watch to a Jeweler or Video production/Video Game repair shop and set it on the deglausing unit for about 3 mintues... it will start working.

NOTE: Though many a magician laugh and want to say "there's no such thing" there is a condition in some people that prevents them from wearing a watch simply because they create a condition that freezes up the workings. This is known in the Jewelry industry and has been dealt with for years via deglauzing as well as special insultator bands, etc... in the watches.

Some individuals have such a pronounced condition of this sort, that they cannot work around electronic components at all... I can't say more without tipping things. Smile

Anyhow, have fun!
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4697 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Actually, it's known as 'degaussing'.

:evilgrin:
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
Smile O.k. I've a write and creative mind... never said I could spell... but neither could most of the "Masters" of literature Smile
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
My wife has that problem. She cannot get a watch to work for very long at all. Her credit cards are constantly needing to be
"degaussed". She also has quite a history with all of our electrical appliances (computers, stereo equipment, etc...)

I call her Magneto. Smile
What is the color of magic?
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Craig, I was under the impression that it was no big deal (although I still wouldn't want to have to) to degauss a watch, but I've been told by one of our members who is also a watch collector that certain watches can be VERY expensive, as in the $300 I quoted, to properly repair.

Sure, you've gone five years without it, but that doesn't mean that the next one won't do you in.
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

Profile of Mikael Eriksson
Darmoe, you wrote:

"the old LED Watch"

Now what is that? I have never heard of that.

Mikael
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I simply won't do the experiment with an expensive watch, never have. Like Darmoe, I have been doing this effect for the past 15 years without a single problem. But then again I like taking risks and living dangerously.

Smile

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
asmayly
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
291 Posts

Profile of asmayly
Darmoe,
I looked for the Bavli "Stop Time" device and couldn't find anything about it anywhere. Can you give us more information?

Thanks,
Asmayly
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
<<there is a condition in some people that prevents them from wearing a watch simply because they create a condition that freezes up the workings.>>

My mother has this "condition" and I use it as a pseudo-explanation. As for the old LED stunt, I have never been able to get that to work! Am I doing something wrong?

Drew
AllThumbs
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
375 Posts

Profile of AllThumbs
Does anyone know of any case where someone would go as far as having a 'gimmick' surgically implanted in order to be able to produce certain PK effects?
The above is all rubbish, except that which you chose to believe
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
Don't know that it's actually been done as of yet... I do know of a few that have discussed the idea though. Smile (Andy, don't say a word!) With today's trends for Body Modification and Implants, who knows what's out there? Smile
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
There's such a thing as going too far into the "risky" category for little to no realistic benefit over safer methods; I think implanting stuff like that falls into the "incredibly bad idea" side of things like that.
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
AT least you didn't hint at the fact that I was getting the DNA stuff done for the cloven hoofed feet, pointed ears and horn spikes... Smile
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Smile Gee Darmoe, I thought that was just your natural look? Smile

Smile

Mya
Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Stop time (watch) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL