The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Some questions about the "Apocalypse" magazin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
I have two questions about the "Apocalypse" magazine, maybe one of the more experienced magicians here in the Café can give me some answers.

1. What was the reason for stopping this magazine? Harry Lorayne simple said that he felt "20 issues is a good number".

2. Does anybody knows something about the relationship between Harry Lorayne and Richard Kaufman? At the end, I got the feeling that HL hated RK.

Thanks, Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
I don't think Harry hates anybody, but that's just my opinion.

I think 20 years is a long time and putting out something monthly is a tedious job. Thank God for the 20 years, (I even managed to have 2 items in there somewhere) and Harry may have felt it was time to do other things!
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
Harry and Richard had a falling out early on. Richard went on to create his own magazine, Richard's Almanac - another excellent magazine.

No one has had the longevity of Lorayne - 20 years!

Mike
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
The Collected Almanac presents Richard's side of the story in the introduction if you're interested. Obviously the opinion as the bias of the author, but it might answer some questions for you.

Both Apocolypse and Richards Almanac were great publications. I'm pleased to have both on my shelf.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Thanks a lot, that is very interesting. I have ordered the Almanac - can´t wait to get it. It would be interesting to read Richards side of the story....

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Some questions about the "Apocalypse" magazin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL