The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » RnT II Mini Foxy Cups. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I just received a set of RnT II Mini Foxy copper cups this morning. The cups are just over 2 inches high, and come with a two compartment zippered bag which doubles as a close-up mat.

These cups look just like a regular Paul Fox cup, only smaller. They weigh about 3 ounces each, and are perfect for table hopping. They are just a tad larger than the Foxy 1's.

In addition to the cups, you get three crocheted balls that are 1.75 inches in diameter. Just like the lacrosse balls with the original Paul Fox cups, the illusion that these balls are too big for the cup is perfect. But they fit right in there.

The regular balls supplied are nominally 5/8 inch balls. They are actually closer to 7/8 inch in diameter. You could use a slightly larger ball if you did not mind sacrificing the three ball display. But you can do the three ball display with the balls furnished.

To round off the set, there is a very small booklet with a very simple, but effective cups and balls routine.

There are not going to be many of these made. They are available only from Stevens Magic Emporium http://www.stevensmagic.com

I took them to a magic club meeting this evening, and they brought ooh's and ahh's from the people who got to see them.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Hi Bill,

This is an interesting release from RnT II, continuing their line of top-quality high-end mini cups.

I'd be interested to know what the weight & handling of these cups are like and how they compare with the Riser, Animal or even the Foxy 1's and 2's. The high price clearly reflects both quality and collectability, but are there any significant differences in manufacture compared to the Foxy 1's and 2's? (I was wondering if the Foxy's were CNC lathed. The mini Paul Fox's look spun to me).

Your astute observations on these difference would be appreciated.

Regards,

Richard

(P.S. Have you had a chance to handle the new Bell's of St Mary yet?)
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The Foxy 1's and Foxy 2's are, indeed CNC machined. Once they are machined, they are polished. This is done basically by hand with a large polishing machine. It takes quite a bit of hand work to polish these cups.

The mini Paul Fox cups are, indeed, spun. They are also hand polished, and they come with a bag full of accessories. You can see them on the Cups and Balls Museum mini cup page.

Regarding the weights of the various cups, the are as follows:

van Dokkum mini -- 2.3 oz. *
Foxy 1 aluminum -- 1.1 oz. *
Foxy 1 brass -- 3.9 oz. *
Black Beauty combo -- 1.8 oz. (aluminum cups)
Foxy 2 brass -- 5.7 oz.
Miniature Paul Fox style cup -- 2.1 oz.
Riser Mini -- 3.2 oz.
Gary Animal Golf -- 3.5 oz. *

The cups marked with an asterisk * will take a golf ball. The others will take a larger load ball, such as a handball or a medium sized pet play ball.

As far as the handling is concerned, you will get used to all of them. The Miniature Paul Fox cups will permit a three ball display on top with the balls provided. The Risers will also permit a three ball display with a relatively large ball -- about 7/8 inch.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
The Café never ceases to amaze - I can't imagine where else we could get expertise so readily on tap. Bill, - thanks!

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » RnT II Mini Foxy Cups. (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL