The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Don Wayne's Dream Vision (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Terry, I agree with Plainman007. The repetition and variety of "players" makes Grafitti Wall a much stronger effect. Consider the mind reading effect where you, "Pick a random number, add, touch the screen of your television, subtract, blah, blah, touch the TV screen again, eat three goldfish crackers, divide by two, pick our nose, and we all end up on (what is it) the moon?"

Magicians (and probably mentalists) are so jaded, we cannot help but cringe at this effect, for what we believe is its "transparancy" regarding technique. Yet, layperson after layperson remembers this effect and relates it to me with awe (aarg!). Most laypeople probably compare notes the next morning at the watercooler after a Copperfield special. They all are blown away because each individual had the same result.

Well, except for those folks like me who, "Add our random number incorrectly, touch the screen of our tv, subtract wrong, blah, blah, eat all the goldfish crackers, touch the screen again, divide by ten, scratch our A$*, and end up on Pluto." Smile
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
HAHAHAHAHA....Your super, Morningstar. A very humorous but true psychological evaluation of the apparent transparency of methodology inherent in some effects. The wisest of them all add half, subtract their age, scratch A**, preferably their own, and land up with their finger on the OFF Switch.

By the way what category of magic do you specialize in Morningstar ?
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Rather witty yourself, Plainman007! Glad you got a laugh. I am a magician full-time. I do a mid-size show and a grand illusion show with a cast of four or more. You can see my website at: http://www.magicmorningstar.com

I started like most folks with close-up. I am fine with coins, lousy with cards. I still keep something in my pocket at all times but do not hire out for close-up shows anymore.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
I saw your site morning star. Very impressive. I wanted to give you my site but there seems to be no PM button for you. I think you mustve deactivated it or something. Im into large scale illusions too.
magic 12376
View Profile
Regular user
Wilkes-Barre Pa
116 Posts

Profile of magic 12376
I am posting this in response to the idea that Dream Vision comes off as using an audience plant. As in Grafitti Wall, an object is thrown around the audience several times to choose a spectator to assist with the illusion. In David Copperfields performance it was a rose and can be seen on the escape from Alcatraze special. The rose is thrown three times the third spectator to catch said rose assisting with the illusion. I respectfully disagree that Dream Vision is in some way an inferior mental effect. I also think that Dream Vision and Grafitti Wall each stand on their own merrit. Both are fantastic effects.

Ronald R. Romiski
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Profile of Oliver - Twist
As Ronald said, both effects (Grafitti Wall and Dream Vision) stand on their own merrit.
The real secret is the audience emotion involved. Dream Vision for the privat emotions impact of one person thaughts and Grafitti Wall due to the fact that everyone could relate to the thing knowing the Berlin Wall and grafittis.
As long as you can capture the emotions of an audience and make them relate to something common and well known you're a winner.
May all your days be magical

Oliver Twist
Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Comet
I have a friend who just got a used Dream Vivion yesterday. he's used this one several times and I have to say the way he is doing this is just about the best I've seen. it get's a huge reaction from his audiences. it's all in the presentation. I do have to agree though. I had NO idea the darn thing packed so big LOL. good thing he had a nice size trailer.
Enjoy!
Joe Comet

Ok, after re-reading my post and after seeing how quick some are at picking up things I need to correct something in the post. I said "I have a friend who just got a used Dream Vivion yesterday. he's used this one several times and I have to say the way he is doing this is just about the best I've seen."
How could he have used it several times if he just got it yesterday you may ask??? well I'll tell you LOL. He just paid for it and took it to his warehouse yesterday. He's used this same illusion for several of his shows now and the Magician he was renting it from decided to sell it so he jumped on the chance. WHEW there we go. I Love the Magic Café but I've seen weak men whimper when someone saw something in a post that didn't look right and pounced on them LOL>
enjoy !!
Joe Comet
maiglesias
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of maiglesias
My understanding is that Dream Vision was created by Andre Kole and marketed by Don Wayne.
Marcos Iglesias MD
Bill Blagg III
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Bill Blagg III
The effect was created by Don Wayne. However Andre did offer a different suggestion for part of the method Don had come up with. This was back when Don and Andre were both consulting on DC's specials. Since Don decided to use Andre's suggestion he also decided to give Andre' credit on the illusion. So I guess you could say Don created it and Andre' enhanced it.
maiglesias
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of maiglesias
Thanks for the clarification.
Marcos Iglesias MD
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Does Don Wayne have a product page up on the web ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Don Wayne's Dream Vision (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL