The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Peter Loughran's E2 - The Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16 [Next]
rayg1952
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of rayg1952
I'm not trying to stick up for anyone there nothing wrong about people saying negative things, that's how you decide whether or not to buy something.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Jeezuz! Just don't buy it then! Or do buy it if ya like it! But otherwise... ENOUGH!
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
irishguy
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
629 Posts

Profile of irishguy
Rayg1952: I agree that there is nothing wrong with criticism.

But as I said earlier and Doomo just recently: we get it.

Obviously, you and Cyberziggy have reservations and complaints (about an item neither of you own, by they way). It need only be said once. A page and a half of the same complaints by the same people is a little redundant.

If you want it, buy it. If not, don't. It truly is that simple. But there is no need to keep ranting about an item neither of you own.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Cyber Ziggy said: "You know what - you are 100% correct! I do have an agenda. I have been burned so many times when buying magic than I can tell.

it really ticks me off you know. it is supposed to be a brotherhood is it not? yet I see marketing deception used again and again in this (formally) revered art!

you are darn right I have an agenda!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember you said that not me.

I could see how that post may be rationalized if you owned the product but you don't. You talk how all of the Café memebers here are disappointed, that obviously isn't true either after reading many favourable reviews throug out this thread, and oh yeah they own it.

I wasn't going to comment on the video aspect again but since I have to sit here while you accuse me of false advertising or misleading my customers, I think my next point is an important one. How have I mislead anyone, the video shows you what it would look like if you were there. The reason why it was shot up close, is becasue that is where the heat would be if it were done live without misdirection. I hate to tell you this but nothing and I mean nothing is going on up high while the camera is shooting low, but then again you would know that if you owned the product. Secondly there are multiple ways to load the gimmick and depending on that method will depend on the performance style. I did the bend down method on that video with no misdirection, again you would know that too if you owned the product.

Criticism is good, but only really valid when you own the product. Which we all know you are not going to buy, so that should settle it. We both disagree.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
rayg1952
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of rayg1952
I know we are going off the subject a little here.

To be honest I never thought of buying E1 or E2 but after watching both demos I thought I put my two cents in to this post, Another thing I think is important is the company that sell these magic products have a edge or advantage over the consumer, if you buy a magic product say like $100.00 and for some reason you don't like it there is a 99.9 percent of a chance that you are not going to get your money back because you know how the trick done unless the product is defective I can understand from the sellers point of view is that right no it isn't, now the seller has $100.00 more in there Bank Account and you have $100.00 less in your Bank Account, you can try to get your money back from your credit card company or PayPal but there no guarantee that they will refund your money back. Sure just about everybody got rip-off one time or another. I have and it was the King Rising Levitation but I was lucky I got my money back.
CyberZiggy
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of CyberZiggy
Peter - you do not listen very well. As I have said - I have corrosponded via email with several (dissapointed) owners so I know quite a bit about the elevator II (including pictures of what it looks like).

and concerning your demo - I still believe (like others) that when the camera tilts down in your demo - that it is very likely hiding some akwardness on your part. Someone had mentioned earlier in this thread that they could not do the dirty work without looking behind them as they were doing it. well - with the way you shot your video - how do we know that you did not look behind yourself? of course you would deny that you did - but where is the proof? I could shoot a video in exactly the same manner and just use a pull-up bar and get the same results and you would never know would you? a head-to-toe video of the levitation is the only way to prove the method is viable. and you have not done this.

but hey - no worries. I now know that I am definitley not going to buy the elevator II because I now know that you are definitley never going to do what you originally said you would do (what is a mans word worth anyway right?) and therefore - I know that I will never have proof that the 1-man no-bend-down method is viable or practicle. and I will always believe that it is not just because you "wont" do the head-to-toe demo - but because you "cant" do the head-to-toe demo. you are absolutely right - we disagree. and I am moving on now (and the crowd goes wild).
ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
Peter, recommend that you not bother reviewing/posting to this thread anymore.

Those that are going to buy the effect have most likely done so or will. They also understand why this type of video does not make sense to do (for a number of reasons both I and others have posted). Instinct is that most of the folks who have purchased who still have some concerns about it just haven't put in enough practice....many folks (myself included) are always looking for the "miracle" that you pull out of the box and start amazing folks with right away. There is always initial disappointment when you realize that you must actually put some work and practice into it...and it sometimes does sit in the "magic drawer" until that rainy afternoon when you have the time to begin putting in the requisit practice, and begin to see what is really possible....

Those that are still complaining about the darn video but might still purchase are most likely very limited in number. You and others have explained the situation, but I guess they figure if they keep on complaining eventually reality will change. You've acted as a gentleman throughout the abuse, and most folks in your position would have vanished from this board along time ago.

I think its probably enough to say that those who have purchased E2 and other of your products in the past will continue to do so. You've always stood 100% behind your products, and the magic fraternity has benefited from your creativity.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next!

Yours in Magic (for the last time on this thread...I really hope they lock it)

Scott
rayg1952
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of rayg1952
Now when I watch demos and for some reason if it doesn't look just right, like poor quality video, it's been edited around the Performance to dark or whatever to me that's a clear indication that the owner or seller is trying to hide something and there is a pretty good chance that it's not going to live up to it's full potential.

Buyer Beware
LDM
View Profile
Loyal user
Upstate New York
278 Posts

Profile of LDM
But, you have no way to know that, because you don't own it. We understand that, so don't buy it.

Admittedly, I still have not gotten the method down yet. I've been busy with things, but I still get to practice it a few times a day. I will keep practicing and getting better.
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Quote:
On 2005-05-13 08:09, Larry Davidson wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-05-12 19:04, CyberZiggy wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-05-12 18:11, Larry Davidson wrote:
I don't have an opinion on this specific product, but I do have an opinion on how many inexperienced magicians don't "get it," and that would drive some of my decisions on how to market an effect.

ahhh - I get it (pun intended). so what you are saying is that if peter had actually done a head-to-toe video for those ignorant magi that "don't get it" - then it would have hurt his sales. but by masking the dirty work of the effect (by the way he shot his demo) - he was able to sell more. wow - brilliant from a marketing standpoint!

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m saying, and no, I don’t think you get it.

Quote:
On 2005-05-12 19:39, Sean Fields wrote:

“...very few magic consumers realize is how difficult it is to put together a demo video that acurately represents the product, WITHOUT tipping the method. The fact of the matter is this: an effect will almost ALWAYS look different in person, and on camera. A camera does not blink, and cannot be misdirected. And IF one were to misdirect the CAMERAMAN, then people would scream that the producer was hiding something....lets assume that a head to toe demo WOULD expose a key moment. Everyone would holler 'I TOLD YOU SO! without even taking a moment to realize that the key moment is actually HIDDEN by misdirection for a live audience....

Sean gets it.

Me too Larry. Great Post.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Seems very strange few people keep on posting something they don't owe (or they cant) and keep on warning others.

Looking towards a lock and key on this thread.

:kewl:
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Mehtas, ownership/non-ownership has nothing to do with the question at hand. The question (at least the question on page 10 of this thread!) has to do with to re-demo or not to re-demo. A demo is made not for owners, but prospective owners.

It has been an interesting conversation, but I do think it has "played out".
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ok I wouldnt want this thread to be locked because people have fallen off subject ridiculously, All I wanted was to see something from any of us who own this, I was just curious about there pros and cons, But I do agree that those who don't own can complain about this else where , I was under the impression that this was a review thread. Where all this other talk came from I have no idea. You could go online and google any other levitation and you would find someone down the line posting a small demo of them performing this. I don't think that peter should have to make another one. I wish the original one was a little more like his demo of the Original elevator but hey what can you do. With the demo of the e-2 right now doesn't really hide much from the gimmick. Those of us who own it would understand. I wouldve just liked to have seen the no hand and the bend down method in a street like situation but the demo didn't mislead anyone the directions explain that perfectly it is a hard method and there is no guarantee that you will get it all the time. As for the bend down method, well with my personality and those who usually see me perform well its fishy. My only real issue was the clicking and clacking it was making on the way down. that's why I wanted to hear from those who owned to see if we were having similar issues.
So those of you please come out of the woodworks and start posting. As for those who are mad, I'm sorry that you have been burnt before , so have I but I still have hope for the e-2 when your up it looks great , I just wanted to know what type of misdirections and how others were doing . If someone can teach me how to put a picture on here then I will try to post one up, but I don't know how to resize and all that good stuff to get it up here.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ok I got a few pictures of me on it and I can make a small video clip of me performing this. what I need now is someone to e-mail me to teach me how to resize and make it fit on this site. as well as the demo. So pm me or e-mail me (its on my profile) and let me know if you guys would love to help. So we can see what you guys think.
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
Quote:
On 2005-03-04 10:11, magicinsight wrote:
Kinesis,

My concern with the E2 is the balancing issue....

I think you can get away with the balancing issue by wearing thicker soled shoes as does the originator in his online vid.
Magic Dude777
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Magic Dude777
Did anyone ever make their own demo video of their E2 performance?
Please go easy on me. I'm new here.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quite an older thread, but I'll be easy on ya. Don't know if you just want to see a demo of this being performed by someone else or what. Peter made his own E2 demo performance. http://www.masterofillusions.ca/elevator_2_demo.htm . And here is E1 for ya. http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/page_2.html .Don't think I really helped from how you phrased your question, I tried. Welcome to the Café, have fun.....'PIZ'
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
When is E3 coming out????????
nikyas
View Profile
Loyal user
Kuala Lumpur
207 Posts

Profile of nikyas
I never knew there would be E3 soon. Where do you hear this news from?
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
I think "Sleightofhand1" is just trying to pressure Peter into inventing it. Don't think it is an official project just yet (or ever will be), who knows with Peter though, anything is possible with that man......'PIZ'
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Peter Loughran's E2 - The Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL