The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Need Help w/ the Pinky Cut (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
Hey Guys, I could use some advice on the Pinky Cut.
I am currently trying to learn it from the EoPCF.
My problem is trying to “lift” the top packet between my pinky and ring fingers.
I get more of a counter clockwise rotating action with the lift.
In the EoPCF and the DVD Jerry does the cut with his index finger resting on the top short side. I’ve tried to use that finger to balance out the packet, but there is no way I can get the Clearance that is needed to clear the packet under the thumb.
Also I have a hard time keeping the thumb packet together and lifting it a decent amount. I can only get it to about a 60 degree angle with my palm.
I’m going to go buy some new packs tonight, to see if that helps. I’ve been abusing the heck out of my cards since I’ve been on this site.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks
Patrick
rkzad
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
138 Posts

Profile of rkzad
You should try e-mailing Jerry: flourishman@aol.com. Keep the angle of your hand and cards in mind. Gravity can be a helpful factor.
- richard
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
4Jacks:

I used to have the same problem with you with the lifting part. The packet tends to turn. To counter this, I have to relax my pinkie and put more strength on my pinkie and less on my ring finger.

After the lifting part, it supposed to us rest on the side of the fingers while your thumb does the remaing work. If done slow, there tends to be some prob so the thumb part have to be a bit quicker

For the part where the cards start to slide when you use your thumb, I found that all I had to do was move my thumb nearer to the centre by a bit. If its too high up in the top left hand corner and if the cards are too slippery, it tends to slide away.

email jerry for more info

hope I at least helped a little

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
Very Helpful... TY guys..

Cloud,

That advice on not putting pressure with the ring finger worked like a charm I can now lift the deck. Still having trouble with the thumb though, How did you position the deck so you can grab the deck more in the middle with the thumb??

Thanks

Patrick
rkzad
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
138 Posts

Profile of rkzad
If you look at the pictures in the book, I don't believe you should be grabbing the packet in the middle.

Sorry if I seem vague, but I hesitate to reveal information that people without the bible could grasp.
- richard
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
4Jacks:

PMed you regarding your question. Hope it helped

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Need Help w/ the Pinky Cut (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL