The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Shiels Effect (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
PAN
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of PAN
Quote:
On 2005-12-28 22:01, lastnitesfun wrote:
James,

It's a chemical thing. It can be found in this book:

http://www.fireworksnews.com/chemmagic.htm

As with all chemical magic, you're on your own with this one. I take no responsibility for any success, failure, or any other result you achieve. Think Ink is fairly innocuous but still. . .

Thanks for the info!
magicshopnewyork
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of magicshopnewyork
I recently unearthed a copy of The Shiels Effect with the big R on the front! Too funny!
magicshopnewyork
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of magicshopnewyork
Picture of The Shiels Effect. Can't seem to attach a pic that is small enough.

Click here to view attached image.
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1121 Posts

Profile of Chris
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2002, Gardinski wrote:
You might also like to know that there is a Tony Shiels video entitled "It's Alive!!!", which is bizarre in every sense of the word. (I picked mine up from Russell Hall in the UK, an associate of Martin Breese's, so it might be worth contacting Martin if you're interested.)

Unlike most of the videos available by magical performers, it's debatable whether you will learn anything whatsoever by studying Doc's tape, but it's probably the funniest and strangest thing I've ever seen. He spends a lot of time walking around bits of rural Ireland pointing at trees and bushes and saying "GREEEEEEN!" in his inimitable brogue.

And there's a nice bit with a wobbly rock, and some interesting photographs of sea monsters. It's not so much a lecture tape, more a voyage round Shiel's wonderfully strange mind. Well worth tracking down, but don't expect to understand any of it.

Tony G.

If anybody is interested, we have now the "It's Alive" video by Tony Shiels available as a download. http://www.lybrary.com/its-alive-the-wor......629.html It also includes a 5 minute interview with Martin Breese which is quite interesting.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
Reonaru
View Profile
New user
Venezuela
83 Posts

Profile of Reonaru
He publish a Phil Goldstein's book called "Mentalism of the 70" ... very hard to find too
Leonard Rangel

@coinjuror

www.LEONARDRANGEL.com
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1009 Posts

Profile of Quentin
I've just reprinted The Shiels Effect and it still comes with the DVD, An Evening With 'Doc' Shiels. Murphy's now has them.

Murphy's also have a new Shiels book, Jabberwocky, The Lost Writings of Tony 'Doc' Shiels, consisting of a series of thirteen early articles, some unseen Shiels memorabilia, and routines that originally appeared in an early Invocation magazine.
tvbuzz
View Profile
New user
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
57 Posts

Profile of tvbuzz
tvbuzz
View Profile
New user
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
57 Posts

Profile of tvbuzz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Shiels Effect (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL