The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Goshman Pinch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10800 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
CFRANCIS a lot of excellent advise on the pinch
pm me and I will send a demo of my technique that has helped many magicians in gettoing down the pinch .
and yes keep practicing that is the key. any one else can interested pm me as well..
the goidfather
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27157 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2005-06-15 13:06, llsouder wrote:...except with a my horrible coin walk!...

Stop before you get cofused between what is magical and what demonstrates skill.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
I am one of the many that the Godfather helped learning the PINCH. Of course like anything else, practice is key. I never thought I would get that move. I stayed a couple of days with Vinny and I would see this man practice all the time. Even as we conversed about things outside magic, he would be practicing something. Thanks again Vinny!

After working hard to get a move down, I think it is wise to work harder to improve it and to keep it.

The Goshman/Tenkai pinch is worth the effort.

Rannie

AKA The Manila Enforcer
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10800 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Rannie AKA the Manila Enforcer
for the kind works
the godfather
Come check out my magic.

mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1683 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Anyone using the Pinch to Pinch change from Curtis Kams' "New York Spellbound" ?
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
rtclark
View Profile
Veteran user
Panama City, FL
309 Posts

Profile of rtclark
Yes, the GOdfather helped me also. I was working the other day on it and found something that will help until you get it down. I found and English 2 pence piece and began working with it. The color o fit is such that it blends very well with my skin color, white/tan but would with any color I think. I showed it to my wife and the coin was showinf but with the color she never noticed it. Just a small tip if you can get any of these it should help with the "did they see that" question.
Rtclark

"When do I get IT"
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
I have a handling of the pinch to pinch change actually it's an extension of a move in Bobo's. It is one of the most visual moves using the pinch I've seen.
Happy Hunting.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10800 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
As far as I know I am the only person using the goshman pinch in conjustion with the han pien chien,,, I think it is the cleanest way to do the han pien chien.
Crossing the Delaware my coins across effect I demonstrate thjis idea.
vinny
ps any one wanting to see a demonstration and the handling pm me because I want others to try this for themselves
the godfather
Come check out my magic.

Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7006 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Well, nice to see this thread revived. My Tenkai/Goshman Pinch has gotten a lot better since March. I use it all the time for Mr. Clean Coins Across, DG's Math and several other coin effects.

For me, the easiest way to get into it is to have the coin laying on my fingers, twist my hand around so the back of it is facing the specs, quickly put the coin into position and THEN make a fist. That's just how it works best for me. I can do it fairly quickly and no one has ever noticed anything.

As far as glinting goes, I find that if you keep the back edge of your right hand tilted slightly up and to the left, the spectators never see anything.

You know, Sankey claims to have very tiny hands, so if he can do it, I'm sure most people can. Unless, of course, the move just doesn't suit you.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
Someone mentioned about a no thumb method to the pinch. Hank Miller shared this with me a few years ago. I'm not sure when he came up with it though. I would guess he played around with the idea in the mid 80's
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Goshman Pinch (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL