The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psychic is main character in crime show this week (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ideation
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Ideation
This week (Tuesday evening, I think) Canadian-born comic actor and former "Saturday Night Live" cast member Martin Short is the star of an episode of the NBC television network's (USA) crime drama series "Law & Order" in which he plays the role of a psychic.
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Profile of enriqueenriquez
I saw the previews.

Anybody here remembers a very young Martin Short as guess in “Lost in Space”, or I just hallucinated the entire thing? I remember he had like a cat that turns into a lion, using the inner fears of the people, or something like that...
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1535 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
That's right! Mariska Hargitay, who plays on L&O:SVU was on Leno the other night and said that this is a very different part for him. They then played a clip and it looks like it's going to be a great episode.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
Ideation
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Ideation
Here's an URL for the Martin-Short-as-psychic episode:

http://www.nbc.com/Law_&_Order:_Spec......dex.html

Quote:
On 2005-03-07 08:06, enriqueenriquez wrote:
I saw the previews.

Anybody here remembers a very young Martin Short as guess in “Lost in Space”, or it just hallucinated the entire thing?

Was this the original 1960s tv series "Lost in Space"? If so, I didn't realize he was that old (not that being in his 40s or 50s makes one ancient!)

Incidentally, the psychic portrayed by Martin Short in Tuesday night's episode of NBC's "Law and Order" is named "Sebastian Ballentine."
I wonder what Café member -- and mentalist -- Sebastian Black, has to say about that . . . Smile
kcalB
View Profile
Inner circle
Took me 16 years to make
1002 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Last Year some NBC people were on one of the Psychic Cruises that I host so who knows ?

If your'e interested in the cruise.
http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/Hypnotist/psychic-cruise.html

Thanks for the post.
Sebastian
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Re: Sebastian Black...but slightly off topic...

I have a promotional tag line for you to use if Derren Brown ever makes his way to this side of the pond. I'm a huge fan of his, so don't think that I'm slagging him in any way, but here's the line:

Black is the new Brown.

-entity
Ideation
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Ideation
Quote:
On 2005-03-12 21:00, entity wrote:

Black is the new Brown.

Very clever, entity! Smile
The problem is, unfortunately (and I realize you were probably being facetious anyway) that -- much to my and many others' frustration -- Derren Brown has yet to make a grand entrance in the US. But remember, as hard as it may be to believe, the actual "original" debut of The Beatles in America was a flop. It wasn't until their 1964 much-hyped "2nd debut" on US tv that they became the phenomenon they ttuned out to be stateside. So, unfortunately, while "Black is the new Brown" would be appreciated by mentalism "insiders" it would only sow confusion amongst most Yanks.
One other thing -- based on what he's mentioned about his "psychic cruise" I have to think The Café's Sebastian Black was, indeed, the basis for the psychic character portrayed by Martin Short on tv last week. Way to go, Sebastian! Go Bronx! Smile
willfs
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of willfs
Quote:
On 2005-03-07 08:06, enriqueenriquez wrote:
I saw the previews.

Anybody here remembers a very young Martin Short as guess in “Lost in Space”, or I just hallucinated the entire thing? I remember he had like a cat that turns into a lion, using the inner fears of the people, or something like that...

I guess this is really an old post, but I have been watching a movie called Clifford with Martin Short in it. He is an old priest telling a story from his childhood. There was this scene where his family is on a trip to Hawaii and he is being super obnoxious. The first thing I thought of when I saw him, was a kid named J-5 in the "Haunted Lighthouse" episode of Lost in Space. Martin Short was born in 1950 so he would have been 16 or 17 when the episode was filmed. I thought his voice was a dead ringer for the part as I remember it.

But, the answer is in fact no. The part of J-5 was played by an actor named Lou Wagner. His pet was a Zaybo. It appeared in the form of a woman to romance Dr. Smith. It was supposed to become a lion to scare Will, but Penny ended up in the room when the lion appeared. Well, anyway, it wasn't Martin Short.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psychic is main character in crime show this week (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL