The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Williamsons Strike Vanish- Coin In Pencap (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1651 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
There's a nice acquitment in David Stone’s The Wallet Pen (Les bases de La Magie des Pièces – Basic Coin Magic, Volume 1), which shows both hands empty while uncapping the pen, prior to producing the coin from the pen cap.

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
Quote:
On 2005-03-30 05:40, Dave Le Fevre wrote:
There's a nice acquitment in David Stone’s The Wallet Pen (Les bases de La Magie des Pièces – Basic Coin Magic, Volume 1), which shows both hands empty while uncapping the pen, prior to producing the coin from the pen cap.

Dave

Yes, this move is a very useful move.
He calls it the transfer. You could show both hands empty.
I call it Sylvester Pitch replacement because it is basically does the same. The Sylvester Pitch is more convincing though.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
jErMZ
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of jErMZ
I would stringly suggest the marker and coin routine in "Flickering Fingers The Movie" its DAMM SWEET!!!!!! check it out guys!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8695 Posts

Profile of harris
Somewhere I read about a giant coin from a giant pen cap.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Well that's something new- a coin purse. Never saw that before.

It's not all that new...David published it in Richard's Almanac 20 years ago.

Mike
jErMZ
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of jErMZ
Ahhh yes Harris.,. he offers to repeat the illusion again.,. but he cant go against the magician's rule.,. so he uses jumbo marker and coin! excellent!
Terrell
View Profile
New user
bladerunner35@yahoo.com
65 Posts

Profile of Terrell
Michael Ammar does show the Coin In Pen Cap move on his Intro to Coin Magic DVD, but he credits David Williamson and calls it the Phone Home Pen, or something like that. He also shows the Strike Vanish with a wand on Volume 2 of the Cups and Balls DVD.

By the way, has anyone seen Ammar do his Sonic Squeeze coin production? He teaches it on the Intro to Coin Magic video/DVD. It's a production (hence the title) not a vanish, but it sure looks great. The spectator sees him place an "invisible" coin in his hand, close it, and when he opens it a second later, voila! A coin appears. Very deceptive.
Terrell
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
674 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
A nice addition to a pen and coin routine is "Will-o'-the-Wisp" by Roger Klause in The Art of Close-Up Magic Vol 1. It is a vanish of a coin (both hands shown empty at the same time) and reappearance using a pen.
LR2
View Profile
Regular user
Humble, Texas
116 Posts

Profile of LR2
I use it all the time and I always get..how did you fit that in the cap? Even though it is impossible they believe it. I really do enjoy performing this.
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Terrell, I think what you saw on Ammar's cups and balls dvd volume 2 was not a strike vanish but a vernon wand spin with a ball vanish.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Terrell
View Profile
New user
bladerunner35@yahoo.com
65 Posts

Profile of Terrell
Michael Ammar does indeed show the Vernon wand spin, but he also does a vanish that he refers to as a strike vanish, and credits it to David Williamson. He strikes his hand and make a ball vanish.
Terrell
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2956 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Everything you need to know about the vanish is in Williamson's Wonders.
I j
Terrell
View Profile
New user
bladerunner35@yahoo.com
65 Posts

Profile of Terrell
I have tried it several times and have yet to master it. Jay Sankey has a modified version he does that, to me, is slightly easier to perform. Looks great, less filling. Smile
Terrell
jErMZ
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of jErMZ
Hey guys~ try this out!

using just change from ur pocket, do a strike vanish with a pen and pour them all out from the pen cap!

wohoooo~
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6756 Posts

Profile of magicfish
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1683 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Magicfish it looks nice.

Has anyone tried it with a closed fist. It gets great reactions, even from other magi that know the S.V. You can also do it at the fingertips.

I use the coin in pen cap, with my pen though quarter routine. Borrow a quarter, gaff is in the pocket. I remove the pen, make a comment about doing the trick without the cap, place cap in pocket, retrieve gaff, leaving cap behind. Have them mark their quarter, preform pen through quarter. Retrieve cap, ditching gaff, follow up with coin in pen cap, some flip stick moves, then either recapped or Rune's Hit Man.
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6756 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Thanks, Mystre. I'm curious about the closed fist. What do you mean?
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1683 Posts

Profile of mystre71
PM sent
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8840 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Magicfish, the closed hand thing mystre speaks of here is indeed a good way to do this. I used to do it all the time that way with some added magic from a C/S coin. Smile

I'd first fairly show a half dollar and then easily switch it for the C/S coin, ditching the real coin when I took the pen from my pocket to use like a wand...I would then close the silver half in my hand and tap the outside once and it would turn to a copper English Penny. Again, I would close my hand and tap it twice and it would turn back to a silver coin. Finally, I would close the coin in my hand one more time and tap 3 times, Smile and the coin would completely vanish. Smile

I would always tell the adults watching in that this only worked on kids. Smile They would typically smile as though they couldn't be tricked...And like the kids, they always were. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6756 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Thanks Mb, sounds interesting. I like the sound of this. Is the closed fist handling published?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Williamsons Strike Vanish- Coin In Pencap (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL