The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Let's hear it for the dealers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ed Hutchison
View Profile
Regular user
Madison, MS (orig. CNY)
118 Posts

Profile of Ed Hutchison
Having been one for more than a decade, I have a soft spot in my heart for magic dealers. I would have needed a soft spot in my head, though, to have gone into the business with the idea that I was going to get rich. Don't misunderstand, I felt very adequately rewarded for the time I invested, but most of those benefits were of a psychic nature.

I just returned from the Smoky Mountains where I witnessed several great acts. I have written a review elsewhere on this forum and was lavish in my praise of both the performers and the convention organizers. However, as much as I enjoy a good show, the real appeal in any convention--at least for me--is the chance to see what the dealers are offering. They are the unsung heroes of every convention.

I know that things change and the advent of the Internet may well spell the eventual demise of magic shops as we have known them. This would be further evidence that not all that we call progress....is. And, perhaps the best we can hope for is that some shops located in major metropolitan areas will be able to survive. But if this sad day should arrive, it would make even more important the role that dealers play in the appeal of a magic convention. I would expect that conventions would begin then to advertise the dealers who were displaying as much as they now advertise those who are to perform.

Ed Hutchison
Edward Hutchison

Madison, MS

Home Page: http://www.ERHutchison.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Let's hear it for the dealers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL