The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cup within a cup, Machine fit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
I do not do a production of cups as a final load. However, if you do, this is very interesting.

My Foxy I Brass cups, fit like a machines insert into the Riser Mini-Cups. So close that unless you follow the production up with some more business, people will just think they (the Foxy’s) were just there all the time during your routine.

Bob
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
The Foxy I's fit into the Foxy II's too (or is it the other way around?). I'm not sure how snug the fit is, though.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
geemack
View Profile
Loyal user
Greg McNeil Peoria,Illinois
294 Posts

Profile of geemack
A couple sizes of Gary Animal cups fit inside other sizes. I believe the Babes fit well in the Gazzos, but I don't have both types to try it. I can verify the Loves do fit nicely inside the Animals.

Greg
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
RnT II's Black/White beauties would make good cup loads - they're made from a synthetic polymer (Delrin) so won't talk as much.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Taliesin:
That is very true, but I should say that in the brass mini that I describe there is no talking once the cup is inserted, the fit is that snug. However, slipping it in the larger cup, is a problem. In my own routine (Al Schneider’s) I would have trouble with only one of the loadings, as I have tried it. In particular, my first loading that is in my pocket or case. There is no talking when moving or placing the two (joined) cups on the table.

I played around with this a bit and have seen some magicians (2) that use a similar cup load in their routine. The problem is, in my opinion, that it is one of those routines that plays bigger in your head than on the table.

It also play well, perhaps, with other magicians. When I saw it dome some years ago, I thought, very nice, but the non-magician with me said, “wow, that must have been in there all the time that he was doing that trick. I think that is the problem.

If you have a “ball load” in the smaller cup, and do some “magic” with that cup and ball, it may be interesting, but probably not to most people.

Bob
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2161 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
The Foxy I's were designed to fit inside the Foxy II cups. Also, our early run of Don Alan aluminum cups would take a stack of 3 Black Beauties as a final load.

Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cup within a cup, Machine fit (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL