The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Name the Rabbits!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Just purchased three dwarf rabbits, two pure white bucks (males) and one doe (female). The female has gray ears, tail, and a grey spot (beauty mark) on her face.

I found several sites with rabbit names but looking for the right names. My daughter suggested Sigfried and Roy for the two white males, and Milinda for the doe.

I am looking for real names and stage names. Obviously, if I vanish one white rabbit in one "box" and appear it in another, I can't say this is "Sigfried" and the other changed his name to "Roy" in the transpostion.

How about some suggestions out there for good stage names, they can be funny, ridiculous to get a laugh, or serious to lead into a educational point, etc.

I would like at least three names, even though I could pawn any one of them off a different name on stage.

A name with a real funny bit of biz one-liner would be nice. Example: "This is Marbles, he got his name because he kept leaving me lots of little marble presents."

Well Gang... Here your chance to speak your creative and funny mind NAME THAT RABBIT!

1-Male White Dwarf Smile _______________

2-Male White Dwarf Smile _______________

3-Female White Dwarf with Black ears Smile _______________________
Dennis Michael
paulapaul
View Profile
Regular user
Nevada
173 Posts

Profile of paulapaul
Snowduck. I named my white rabbit Snowduck - - - you could look at him and see (drumroll. please) that's no duck.
Paula
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
Female rabbit name: Scarlet O'Hare

quack
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,
Names of rabbits that I have used over the last 20 years (I only use Bucks) top three are current bunny friends.

Frodo
Oscar
Toby
Harvey
Clyde
Max

Den, Just a few points to note. If you are not going to breed your rabbits it might be worth getting them all Nutered/Spayed as if the bucks can smell the doe it might make them a little aggressive and rabbits have no season as such so this could be continual. Also the doe will benefit as a massive percentage of un-serviced does in captivity die early due to Uterian cancer, This is solved by spaying.

This is the recommendations of the British House Rabbit Association.

Phillip (me, not rabbits name)
amagician
View Profile
Regular user
Hobart Tasmania Australia
160 Posts

Profile of amagician
I guess, if the female has grey on her and not black (or is she a color-changing rabbit?), you might call her Gracie.
Because she has grey, see .... Smile
Have a Magic day
John Williams
http://www.ezymagic.com/
more tricks than you can shake a wand at
subscribe to our free ezine on site
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
My rabbit's name is Stewart and I tell my audience I am going to make "rabbit Stew" and he appears, I can hear the groans as I type but hey it works..

Jeff Smile
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

I like Gracie, and Scarlet O'Hare.

Naming the rabbit after another famous animal can have some comic lines attacked to it.

Mickey, No it's not a Mouse
Lassie, Come here Lassie, Speak, Bark, Rollover, Oh, it's not a Dog.
Babe, This is my Pig! What, it's not a Pig!
Kermit, The Frog.
Dumbo, The Flying Elephant
Lucky, See, it has four Lucky Rabbit Feet. (Might be dated because they don't sell rabbit feet anymore and Kids won't get it. Adults might!)

Still Thinking.....
Dennis Michael
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
My rabbit has the name HOP HOP, or HOPPY for short.
:rolleyes: Smile

No I didn't name it, my finacee did. Yep it was all her. I swear! Smile

Although, Hoppy has retired to a family pet now, even though she never got the chance to be in the act in the first place, the darn thing grew really fast and is about the size of a small dog. Smile

That's the chance you run when you get the bunny as a gift.
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1305 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
I have two Dutch Dwaves and two Angoras. The Angoras are named Gonzo and Rizzo and dwaves Kermit and Piggy.

I AM a muppet fan Smile

With Kermit and Piggy the jokes really work but I have come to notice that very few people remember Gonzo and Rizzo (how can they forget Gonzo!!!).
Sent from my Typewriter
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
Of course, for magic, it is not a bad idea to switch the rabbit's name around depending on the circumstances. For example, for Halloween he is "Bunnicula." It is not like the rabbit really cares what you call him in the act. I have had a number of rabbits, with different names in the backyard, who have a clever name on stage.
quack
sethbek
View Profile
Regular user
New York
161 Posts

Profile of sethbek
Say he is from a long line of royalty and that his name is: "Prime King James Edward Senior The Fifthteenth of Urlandingtown Square, esq. or people call him Hop for short."
*poof*
mafedi
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of mafedi
My rabbit is named "musi".
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5348 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I have a huge (and I mean HUGE!) Flemish Giant rabbit (a female/doe weighing in at 14 pounds!). Her name is “Godzilla”! She gets a great reaction when produced and her name gets a good laugh.

I also had a small, brown, dwarf lop doe. Her name was “Browns, the Baffling Bunny” or “Three B” for short.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Harry,

I used to have a huge rabbit like yours, but a dog got to her. I love the big ones, they are received so well!

Now I have three dwarfs.
Dennis Michael
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5348 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Den,

I know the feeling of losing an animal performing partner. Like you, a few years ago a fox (a beautiful red tail fox who was later hit by a car!) got to one of my Dwarfs and killed her. I got there just as the fox finished his dirty deed. Like you I have taken measures so it will not happen again!

I agree that rabbits get a good reaction from the most jaded audiences. I have discovered that most adults have never seen or touched a bunny. I love the reaction and the tentative petting that some of my “rough-tough” bar room audiences give to my bunny. Almost everyone wants to meet the Killer Rabbit!

I used to produce a Python in shows for teen-agers. I discovered that the bunny got just as strong a reaction!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
delgado
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of delgado
theety
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I like Frodo...that works.

How about ChewBacca?
Maybe Chewy for short...

Spot could work too for your female with the spot. You could indicate that she thinks she's a dog.
Daniel Faith
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
My rabbit's name is Deuce. Like the cards. The name matches my website. Smile
magiciangirl902
View Profile
New user
Charlottesville, VA
74 Posts

Profile of magiciangirl902
Try naming them after famous lovers, that's how I named my chickens, all 45 of them. Well not 45 anymore...Smile
Most magicians do magic tricks, I do magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Name the Rabbits!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL