The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » How about a response? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

skullnbones
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of skullnbones
It's rude for The Magic Café to ban people with no explanation, just because they asked about blogs. The Magic Café should embrace the internet community rather than try to become isolated. I'll post the history of my experience with The Magic Café on my blog.
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Any1 seen the roger?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The magic Café is like a private club-you can't go into any club and tout how wonderful another place is. Gotta respect the owndership!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
skullnbones
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of skullnbones
I don't buy it. For example, I don't see the blogs trying to make you stay away from other blogs, or this forum, and they're just as private as this is. No, this is a whole differnt level of "control".

Roger
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Well I can see your frustration, seeing as they must have forced you to join this forum, and have such control that you cannot go to the other "blogs" without their permission. And of course the people here are quite ignorant of the fact that the internet has other sites, so therefore they must be told right?

As a side note did you see the very nice advertisement K Mart had enticing people to shop at Wal-Mart?

All kidding aside, I am a moron and I haven't gotten banned, and only had 2 posts removed. It's not too hard to stay on. And not too bad of a place to be, so don't try to get the people here riled, most of the folk here, are here because they like it, and this won't change many minds.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
You must unlearn what you have learned!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
As a side note are you sure your getting banned because of the blog, or your inability to post anything other than a blog. I recall your alterego earlier today posting much the same as you have. Perhaps you misunderstand the issue? Or rather chosse to ignore the obvious reason? Or you do not expect anyone else to know the difference?
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
726 Posts

Profile of Winks
You, out of the gene pool.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4763 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Honestly, I don't have time for this type of nonsense, but will say that children who cannot play nice can't play in my sandbox, pretty simple. Children who grow up with no sense of right or wrong or have never been taught the concept of manners and common courtesy turn into adults who act the same way, a real shame.
Please remember that EVERYONE (even folks who use false names) who is a member of this site is subject to our rules and policies and agrees to abide by those rules when they join this privately owned and operated website.

We never force folks to join and offer the use of this site FREE of charge, provided that folks use common courtesy and manners and can follow our rules and policies. Apparently, there is a small group of people who cannot and will not adhere to these policies and therefore we are forced to show them the door. Explanations are sometimes given, but as per our policies, we are not required to do so. When folks join, they aknowledge our policies and state that they do indeed agree with said policies. If these folks choose to ignore our policies, then they get all the attention they deserve. Come here with a chip on your shoulder and a negative attitude and you can expect to be treated accordingly.

Believe it or not, I personally do not have the time to cruise the Café looking for people that I can ban, that is simply absurd. We have plenty of work to do here that keeps us all plenty busy. We have a ton of wonderful members who actually care about this community and our time is best spent looking out for their needs. It pretty much takes less energy to ignore the idiots and losers of the world than to spend valuable time arguing with them. Besides, I have a tough time talking with folks whose use of vulgarity and profanity is worse then a drunken sailor, and unfortunately, this applies to a lot (not all) of the folks who are no longer allowed on my website. Hey, if you don't agree with how I run my website, why on earth would you keep coming back for more of the same?

Did I say; "My website"? Why yes I did, imagine that. Most of our members realize that this site belongs to me and they don't have a problem with that at all. Why would they? Admission is free and the amount of knowledge here is absolutely incredible. Sure, there is some junk, that's to be expected. Not everyone is a seasoned professional and the beginners often ask questions that the veterans may roll their eyes over. Even so, most of the old timers realize that for everyone and everything, there is a first time, and so they tolerate the neophytes the best they can. Smile

The Magic Café is a community, a place where folks who are entertainers (mostly magicians) can learn from one another and share their thoughts and ideas as they are related to our art. Like any community, we need RULES and GUIDELINES to insure the site is enjoyable by people of ALL ages, genders and beliefs. Like a real community, there will always be those who cannot function in a structured environment of this kind. Luckily, there are MILLIONS of other websites on the internet for them to visit and we strongly encourage them to do so.

I look at our members as GUESTS in my home. Respect me, my home and my rules and we will get along fine. Disrespect me and you can expect to be asked to leave. How difficult is that to understand?

Thankfully most of you are wonderful people, many of you I have had the pleasure to meet at conventions or have talked to over the phone. To you I say THANK YOU, you have made The Magic Café a real resource for the magical community and I applaud your efforts. Your loyalty and support has been wonderful and I sincerely appreciate all the positive private messages and emails containing your unsolicited letters of support and friendship. Thank you all. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » How about a response? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL