The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Abbotts version of cutting a women into sixth (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
515 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Anyone tell me what they think about this trick. I just wondering what people think about it.
thanks
mike
magicmanrob
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of magicmanrob
Mike have one and with the right presentation it can be deceptive. I would suggest beveling the base though to give it even more deception.
zackgb
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of zackgb
Hey does anyone have any pictures of this illusion? I'm curious to see what it looks like. It's different from the Multified right? The girl into nine? Thanks!

ah nevermind, think I just found it? lol

http://hamiltonholtinc.site.yahoo.net/queenscut.html ?

Zack
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
I agree with magicmanrob, Beveling it will make it that much more deceptive. It is a great illusion. What is the price on this illusion? Seeing this post, its created some ideas in my head...
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
515 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
I have a friend that is makeing it for me for 1000
MarkTripp
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
618 Posts

Profile of MarkTripp
I think the Osborne version with giant cards is much better. Queen's Cut he calls it

More so if you use a gimmicked card you could switch in and out so you don't need to use the thick base.
Osiris
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Osiris
The "base" on the original Abbott is not exactly "deceptive" but there are versions to this kind of base (see Mismade Lady/Stack of Boxes) that are a bit superior and help with the effect a great deal. That said, I'll add that I did this effect many years ago for a special group of men who were... let's say "fond" of Leather... I used an incredibly limber young man that was technically speaking, a foot taller than the person the prop was built for and yet, he could get into position better than any female I've ever worked with... this kid could fold himself into quarters, I'd swear to it!

His size, the fact that he was obviously waaaaay too big for the cabinet and filled the thing completely, is what sold the effect.

The moral of the story is... find yourself a very tall, limber lad that can fill out the cabinet you use... add in a good Chalet or Smith base and you're probably going to be good as gold!

BTW... though it may seem silly, USE THE ROPE TIES! The expression on the faces of the audience members holding those ropes (after they've tied the wrists of your assistant, etc.) is alos a cyncher on this routine. They will be scratching their heads and looking all over that cabinet, under it, etc. trying to figure out where your helper went. IF you are using a big boy, as I'd suggested, they KNOW there is absolutely no way for him to fit into the lower portion of the cabinet... there simply isn't enough room (even with that old clunky Abbott block of a base).

Best of luck!
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
515 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Well the one the guy that is making it for me makes it very deceptive. it made magician actually stumped.
mike
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Quote:
On 2005-03-12 06:42, MarkTripp wrote:
I think the Osborne version with giant cards is much better. Queen's Cut he calls it

More so if you use a gimmicked card you could switch in and out so you don't need to use the thick base.

I agree, I just came across this in my Paul Osborne book, I like the theme to it.
Mike75
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Mike75
I know this is a old post but I figured adding to this one would be better than starting a new one. I have purchased the Abbott plans and would love to build this. I mocked up the base out of cardboard but my assistant won't fit. I'd love to discuss this effect in more detail and explain the issue I am having if someone who has this or has knowledge of this could send me a pm I would greatly appreciate it.
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
I believe Jim Steinmeyer has a better, slightly different version of this illusion in his book, Conjuring Anthology.

Gerry
Mike75
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Mike75
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2017, Gerry Walkowski wrote:
I believe Jim Steinmeyer has a better, slightly different version of this illusion in his book, Conjuring Anthology.

Gerry

Thanks I'll check it out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Abbotts version of cutting a women into sixth (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL