The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » The Aristocrats (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
There will be a VERY big documentary coming out called The Aristocrats. It is about the dirtiest joke that exists. It's also about much more than that, but that's another story. I am willing to wager that someone will start up or rename their sideshow troupe The Aristocrats. It would be an appropriate name for what a number of folks are doing.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I woke up this morning feeling healthy and with vigor for a change...not bright though so I guess it's one or the other for me.

So...Of what are you speaking great sage?

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Eric Starkey
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA
180 Posts

Profile of Eric Starkey
The Aristocrats is a comic documentary created by Penn Jillette and Paul Provenza (two very funny men).

It was hugely successful at the Sundance Film Festival and features a laundry list of some of the biggest names in comedy. It's definitely not for individuals who are easily offended - it should play just fine for this group... (of course, I write that with the highest regard).

Eric
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Penn Jillette and Paul Provenza have spent the last two years going around and taping the who's who of the comedy world doing and talking about the joke known as the Aristocrats. It can be the most vile and disgusting joke ever. The film premiered at the Sundance Film Festival and was the hot ticket of the festival. There will be a lot of discussion about this film. The joke itself is a show business joke. Without going into details that would cause the management here in the Café to use up all the * in cyberspace, I will give you a thumbnail and clean version of the joke.

A family walks into an agents office and ask if they can audition. The agent tells them to go ahead. The family then proceeds to do the most depraved display of unnatural acts ever seen. For the next ten minutes, the agent watches things that are outlawed in every state. At the end of their disturbing performance, the appalled agent asks what they call the act. With clueless grins on their faces, the family proudly shouts, "THE ARISTROCRATS!"

So, I'm just thinking that some of the hard core sideshow folks will jump on the bandwagon and call themselves The Aristocrats. That's all.

By the way, the last time I was on the Letterman show, after I did my bit of swallowing and regurgitating a cockroach (it was their idea), Letterman said snidely, "Oh, it's the Aristocrats."
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
*A Light bulb goes off*

Got it. Thanks guys. I like that clean version of yours Todd...It allowed me to fill in all my favorite things! Smile

Reminds me of the time I ************** ******** ********** *************** and
********* **** Rin Tin Tin...******* **********....the Elenore Roosevelt blow up doll.

D
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
670 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
I got to see it at Sundance thanks to Provenza.
The movie had sold out and there was a line of 150 people waiting in the cold Utah night for possible cancellations.
It's a GREAT movie.
Eric Mead performed a filthy version of Sam the Bellhop which got very enthusiastic applause from the crowd.
I also understand that it got the highest price for a documentary shown at Sundance.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Quote:
On 2005-03-10 18:18, Xmosis wrote:
******* **********....the Elenore Roosevelt blow up doll.

:lol:
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
Any idea on when it's due for mass release?

-Matt (TK)
Eric Starkey
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA
180 Posts

Profile of Eric Starkey
Matt,
Keep an eye on http://www.pennandteller.com/03/news.html for updates about the release.

Eric
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Anybody else see this yet?
I went last night and had a great time. I can't wait for the DVD to come out.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
No, I haven't but that's only because it appears to be playing nowhere near me. :-(

Cheers,
-Matt (TK)
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
I saw a sneak preview of it a couple weeks ago--7 groups walked out, but I haven't laughed that much in a long time.

It was also the first time in a long time that I've been truly entertained by a mime.

~Stephon
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Looks like we have a lot of Chubby Brown fans here!

Well he makes me laugh anyway *ig Fat Ba***rd
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Sorry Todd, I already jumped.
I just saw the your Four nail bed on The American Carny site; slack jawed.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
That's my bed. Glad you like it!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Aye Jay explained it at the sideshow gathering, but with one important note, and it goes with all performers when talking.

The joke premise is there, you just have to take it and make it your own. One of those things that I never really thought about in a lot of ways.

and still just a great joke when all else fails.
marc pearl
View Profile
New user
Sarasota Florida
17 Posts

Profile of marc pearl
I finally watched this movie on DVD last nite. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the first person telling the joke was Jay Marshall! That was cool!

marc
MetalBender
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of MetalBender
I do a load of stand-up comedy up here in Toronto. When I'm hanging out with other comics we will frequently tell this joke to amuse eachother. The current record for telling the joke without repeating yourself amongst us is four pitchers of beer (that's how we measure time). I wish I could say that I hold that record but I don't. If you are ever in Toronto give me a jingle and come join in our fun.
"Magic up close and personal, the way is should be."

http://www.DelusionMasters.com
PROFED
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago,Illinois
229 Posts

Profile of PROFED
The DVD has been released.
MagicJared
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of MagicJared
And what a fine DVD it is, the extras section is longer than the movie itself. It includes extended interviews (with full versions of many of the comedian's aristocrat jokes), favorite jokes by the comedians other than aristocrats, a commentary with paul and penn, contest winners' films, a tribute to johnny Carson, and an aristocrats joke made from a compilation of bits from each of the tellings. Great stuff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » The Aristocrats (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL