We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Pocket Dividers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

equivoque
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Any one else utulizing this idea? I am not posting about cardboard or iserts, but actually having dividers sewn into your jacket and vest pocket. These dividers are great for switching decks, switching cards & card indexes. Think of the possibilities? For a card index one jacket (two pockets) gives you a place for each suit. It could take Max Maven's quindex idea to the next level (the spectator can reach into your jacket pocket and remove the prediction). Some tips before running to the tailor, silk is better than wool and interfacing will give the pockets a little stiffness.
Hamilton
View Profile
New user
Maine
90 Posts

Profile of Hamilton
This has some merit although very specific jacket use. But additional pockets for other stuff could be added to the inside leaving the externals and potentially the two "normal" inside pockets available for modification and use.

Very intriguing idea.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Some quality suits have a "watch pocket" inside the outer pockets on the jacket and some even have two such interior pockets, which are great for separating coins, TT's and other gaffusses that one might cary and still leave the rest of the pocket available for small note pads, a deck of cards, etc.

The BIG problem is using the exterior pockets of the suit is the unsightly bulges that some props can cause. To avoid those lumpy annoyances, see a good tailor. Actually, a good tailor can also add those extra interior pockets as well...

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Allan
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Allan
Just curious, why is silk better than wool? I would have thought that silk would be more fragile than wool & would wear out faster especialy where sharp edges like the corner of a deck of cards would be rubbing.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
In the same weight of fabric, silk is much more durable than wool. We are talking about "suit silk" here, not something you jam into your TT.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
wolfsong
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of wolfsong
I have a trench coat with 6 extra pockets sewn inside wich gives me a total of 8 inside and 4 outside I can carry a whole closeup show within easy reach
saxmangeoff
View Profile
Veteran user
Moscow, ID, USA
353 Posts

Profile of saxmangeoff
Wolfsong, do you happen to have a photo of this coat in action? I've been thinking of something similar myself....

Geoff
"You must practice your material until it becomes boring, then practice it until it becomes beautiful." -- Bill Palmer
wolfsong
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of wolfsong
Sorry it took me a while to get back. No I don't have photos, but you would not see much if I did the pockets are made by taking out a horizonal seam in the coat so when you look inside it just looks like a seam not pockets.
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
603 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
... All of my performing clothes have been fixed, so that the pockets and holders are just where I want them ...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Pocket Dividers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL