The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Favorite effect with Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16990 Posts

Profile of joseph
David Roth's chink-a-chink is hard to beat, as is Skinners use of the gimmicked half in his one coin routine. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1479 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Is there anyone who DOESN'T have a version of 3-Fly? I like Sawa's Bank Night and I've never seen anyone else do it, which to me is a plus though. I've always thought Wild Coin was a great effect not many people do. Curtis Kam has a great routine call Pocketed Wild Coin (I think... my books are in storage) that's great.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3025 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
David Roth performs Sawa's Bank Night.
Click to visit:
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
I really enjoy Copper/Silver/Brass Transposition, the Hopping Half and both gimmicked and P.M.'s ungimmicked Scotch and Soda.

Could anyone tell me where I can learn Sh*lled Coins Across or a version of 3 Fly?

alleycat Smile
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
Hey Alleycat... I think Bobo's has a basic sh*lled Coins Across routine. I'm pretty confident it is in my Dover edition, so if you own the larger version, it will undoubtedly be in there.

As far as 3-fly effects go, I was able to come up with a few different versions on my own with no gimicked coins. Using an extra coin works great if you have a good means of hiding the coin, such as BP or BC. Or a few false transfers, steals will set you up even cleaner. Write down a few ideas on paper, and put it together... you may surprise yourself Smile
DeadRinger
View Profile
New user
long island
55 Posts

Profile of DeadRinger
I like anything without gaffs.. coins across routines.. chink-a-chink... coin from mouth.. simple sleights with big finishes
*POOF*
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4783 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi AlleyCat,

I have lots of Coins Across Handlings with a shell in some of my lecture notes, along with a shelled handling for Three Fly. So stop me when you see one you like. Smile
Just kidding, you can take a look at my site to see what I have!
It's at http://www.stu.magic.com
My link is in the middle of the Page!

Best David Neighors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
metaphyzix
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of metaphyzix
Yeah Jim, that Japanese cat at the A1 Convention is Akira Fuuji, as Todd said already. Since this forum is "favorite effect with coins" I'll have to throw in Akiras "Jet Coins". It's the craziest Coins Across I have ever seen and fried EVERYONE who saw it, including some of the big names that were there. Fellow conventioners can back me up and attest to that. It was published in the December 2001 Genii, but I doubt anyone will even come close to making it look soooo magical.

Anyway, I also enjoy Gary Kurtzs "Full Frontal Assault" on the Coin Classics tape (although I have no idea of how to do it) and Troy Hoosers "ExTROYdinary". Chad Long fried us with it at his lecture.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3322 Posts

Profile of Looch
For a quickie, I enjoy performing something like "just pretend" or even "coin to key (or slip of paper containing phone number for ladies) Smile

Or I quite like doing the comeback coins, stood up Smile
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4844 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
My favorite effect, is my own 4 Coins to Pocket using Morgan Silver dollars (ungimmicked). This uses some proprietary sleights that I have developed which allows me to do it surrounded. Sankey does something like this with different sleights including his Himber Vanish. One by one each of the four coins reaches the pocket. No extra coins are used. This is one effect which I love performing and it blows away the audience.
DonB
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of DonB
Here are my top 5
1. Ammar's 3 coins thru silk. Seeing the coins penetrate the silk blows people away.
2. Eason's c/s/b. It's just a fun routine to do.
3. Paul Harris's PDQ(?) Coins Across-non gimmicked
4. Roth's Coins Across with a shell.
5. Jenest's Short Hop (Miracles While You Wait)

DonB
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27019 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I vote for a copper/silver transpostion with a borrowed coin. This effect has gotten exceptional reactions from people, so I go with the audience and vote for a simple transpo using the Kaps setup. I let them take the "*/*" out of their fist and since their hand is already wrist up, I don't need to worry about them seeing the wrong side of things.

Sasco was nice enough to visit me in CT back when and make a nice Chinatown half (hole goes all the way through) and later a wonderful coin from a quarter and Russian 5 Kopeck coin.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
I would have to say:

1)Miser's Dream
2)Flurious
3)Anything by Jim Pace or Apollo
4)I LOVE Hellbound Spellbound
5)Any coins across where the last coin travels to a hidden spot.(Behind a watch, in their pocket, or appears magically in their OPEN hand ala Ammar.)
6)Expansion of texture
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Favorite effect with Coins (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL