The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Gossamer Harness Improverments (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
To those who own the Gossamer Harness, have you made any improvements or modifications to it in terms of comfort and fit and also in terms of concealing it?

In the video provided, the harness of the assistant of Jonathan David Bass was very invisible. All her legs were showing no sign of the harness at all. That also goes with the Pendragons doing the sword with fire at the base. The harness looks much shorter. I wonder if they were using a Gossamer harness or was it cut and only attached to the waist?

In my case, I have added a small foam cloth pad on the belt to sit on. I’m still thinking of ways to shorten and conceal it.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
290 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
Hi Lou,

The Pendragons were here in Singapore recently, Johnathan Pendragon gave an incredible lecture and he also revealed the harness they used. It was his own invention which can be stopped at any point and not the usual 45 degrees and 90 degrees. The size was much smaller than the other harnesses and does not support the leg (assistant has to be really fit like Charlotte).

Hope this helps,
Alex Tan
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Bill Neff had a harness that stopped at any point over 60 years ago. I don't know what ever happened to it.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
290 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
Lou and Richard,

I forgot to add that the Pendragons' harness was completely silent, it really had me drooling.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Wow Alex, you guys are lucky that Jonathan gave a lecture there and he showed his harness, too. I should have gone there.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Gossamer Harness Improverments (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL