The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Acts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
Doug, thank you.

I am number one. The shovel before the #2.

Yes the 30G included instruction but that is an awful lot for instruction. It would take years before I made my money back. It's not a brand new routine, just one I have always apprecitated and wanted to perform. I would need help in the design of the stands and the trigger target for the crossbows. I could make up my own way but would much rather learn from a pro who has been down the road.

Regards,
Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5105 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Agreed.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3607 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Hans Moretti is the guy to contact (Germany) His son also works under his dads name in the US.Hans and Helga were the nicest people I have ever met in the biz and if you can prove of your worth to Hans (Helga died about three years ago now)I am sure he would open up.
If you are in the UK during Feb/March of next year,I have a crossbow stunt which is my own which you can have,,as its a shame that it is not in use anymore, due to the fact that after altering the shape of Pats nose with the bolt she now refuses to do it !!!!

Back on the road,,,Ken.
Hey Doug 1500 through last weekend.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Kondini: You need a 2nd unit! Smile

Doug
Higley's Doug's Museum
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2902 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Quote:
On 2005-05-04 09:46, Doug Higley wrote:
Kondini: You need a 2nd unit! Smile

Doug

If he had a second unit, he could star in his own single-o.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3607 Posts

Profile of Kondini
And I thought that I was mad!!!!

Got the feeling that the idea is going to be poached,,,,so got to make the most of this season!!

Remark overheard last W/E,,,

"Well John I told you, that`s what happens to children when they refuse to eat their vegetables, and he was six just like you"
"Well Mum said it looked like you Dad"
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
If you get 'poached'...

1. They will not recreate it properly. You have come to understand 'the WHY' you did it the way you did as coached...they won't have a clue.

2. If they are on the same lot...we can still beat 'em with secrets they won't know or understand. Also if they don't do it 'your' way they will have to charge more and you'll still beat 'em.

or

3. IF they were on the same lot at the same price, you would still make the money (as would they) because the low price allows people to see them both...and they will.

4. If they are on the same lot with the SAME set up...bring out the chain saw!

If they are not on the same lot...scope 'em out and we'll get 'em one up.

Doug
Higley's Doug's Museum
Viano
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Viano
Has anyone see the 8 legged girl? I saw her in a side-show in southern Ohio about 55 years ago. Perhaps she only had 6 legs, I am not sure. It looked good to me at that time, but I have never seen it since.
Rich
KN_Magic
View Profile
New user
UK
91 Posts

Profile of KN_Magic
Don't know if this was ever a 'real' act. But I've just seen an old Noddy episode on VCR, which contained a Bunkey (half rabbit, half monkey) that had run away from the circus.
It was, of course, a monkey with a hat that had rabbit ears sewn in.
Kevin.

p.s. went to my first fair of the season last night, can't beat that smell of deisel and candy floss.
My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night; but ah, my foes, and oh, my friends - it gives a lovely light!
Edna St. Vincent Millay
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2902 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Quote:
On 2005-05-06 22:43, Viano wrote:
Has anyone see the 8 legged girl? I saw her in a side-show in southern Ohio about 55 years ago. Perhaps she only had 6 legs, I am not sure. It looked good to me at that time, but I have never seen it since.
Rich

Tell us more. It sounds like a parasitic twin if real or a lovely gaff if fake.

Quote:
On 2005-05-15 04:45, KN_Magic wrote:
Don't know if this was ever a 'real' act. But I've just seen an old Noddy episode on VCR, which contained a Bunkey (half rabbit, half monkey) that had run away from the circus.
It was, of course, a monkey with a hat that had rabbit ears sewn in.
Kevin.

p.s. went to my first fair of the season last night, can't beat that smell of deisel and candy floss.

Freak animals is a whole world unto it's self.
Sonny Vegas
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, Illinois - USA
199 Posts

Profile of Sonny Vegas
Myrtle Corbin had 4 legs.

The four legged woman had a malformed siamese twin, which meant she was left with two pairs of legs and two female organs from which she gave birth to five children, 3 from her body and two from her twins. Billed as the Four-Legged woman form Texas, Myrtle used to gallop across the stage like a horse and was a very popular freak in the early 1900's for her horrific deformities.

Middle of page: http://www.lukepl.8m.com/freaks.html

I guess if she had 2 KFC drumsticks in her hand, she'd be the woman with 6 legs.
Believe in yourself and the magic will come.

www.SonnyVegas.com
www.TheVegasBrothers.com
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Or see Betty Lou Williams...
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I had a six legged pig once that I got from Jeff Murray...it was mummified (naturally) and worked it's way into my Amazon Pygmy Show as being brought back from a Jungle Village where it had been used in magical ceremonies. Well...it coulda been...Jeff never said it wasn't. Smile
Higley's Doug's Museum
Sonny Vegas
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, Illinois - USA
199 Posts

Profile of Sonny Vegas
6 legged pig?!...Ham hocks and pigs feet Heaven!!
I guess though since it's mummified, we're talkin' pig jerky here Smile
Believe in yourself and the magic will come.

www.SonnyVegas.com
www.TheVegasBrothers.com
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Another old and wonderful act... Plate Spinning
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2902 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
In addition to plate spinning, there's also plate dancing. I have seen a great photo of one of the Masklyn's doing the act with a long corkscrew ramp that he would dance the plate up. It looked like a cool act.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
I've never seen that, but I remember an act like it where a ball was walked up a corkscrew ramp...
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5105 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
There was also a version where the performer was inside a ball, and went up the corkscrew.

A larger variant of the ramp was also used for a high-speed bicycle descent.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
wolfsong
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of wolfsong
Can anyone shed a little more light on the mind reading dog?
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2902 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Yes. Check out Ricky Jay's Learned Pigs and Fireproof Women. There's work on the act. I knew a guy in NY named Mr. Lucky who trained a number of pick out dogs and pigs. It's a great act, but takes a long time to train the animal to pick up on the subtle cues you will be giving it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Acts (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL