The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Acts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I don't know what you call it, but there is a guy here in Myrtle Beach that does some very impressive art work with spray paint. He does it with techno music in the background, and draws large crowds in the process.

Also, Sand Sculpting - in Ocean City Maryland there is a guy that has done very impressive sand castles for years and years. He collects money for a church and hands out mini-bibles. Here is an article on him:

http://www.ocgolf.com/article.php/78

JoeJoe
Watch the Pilot Episode of my new TV Show:As Seen on TV: The JoeJoe Magic Show
Learn JoeJoe's secrets at Magic Joint dot com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3607 Posts

Profile of Kondini
I believe it was La Roche (Near enough) Who did the ball and corkscrew act.His decendants are still doing it today.
Last time I saw it was on the Daniels show around three years ago.
I was mighty impressed.
KN_Magic
View Profile
New user
UK
91 Posts

Profile of KN_Magic
Don't know how 'saleable' this stunt is, but I saw a guy on TV at the weekend take plastic flies from a spectators arm, by using his spit in the same way that a frog uses it's tongue.

Kevin.
My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night; but ah, my foes, and oh, my friends - it gives a lovely light!
Edna St. Vincent Millay
Pele
View Profile
New user
State of Bliss, USA
29 Posts

Profile of Pele
Okay..so I am late as usual but to back track a moment and answer facade...
I do a sword balancing bellydance in broken glass, including a split and yoga moves. A lot of things are possible on glass with care and concideration.

As an interactive crowd thing we do a variation of rag pictures with our costumes. We've made dresses out of felt and carry around little bags with cut outs and various little shapes and such in it. We allow audience members to create their own pictures on us using them. It's a lot of fun for all, we just have some costume zones that stay "picture free" Smile

I don't think I have seen mention of Calvical Arrow Break/Rebar Bend..though it can be categorized as a strongman feat.
If, of all the truths in the world, you choose one and follow it blindly, it becomes a falsehood and you a fanatic.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
At last, I have thought of an act to add to this list Smile

Tooth playing. I only know of one pro tooth player, you can see a short vid of him http://www.varietytalent.com/bestideas3.html

This is something I am probably good enough at myself to perform, I learned when I was a kid. honestly, you hum it, and I can play it, with either hand, both together, fast or slow! hehe

Hi Pele Smile Welcome to the Café.

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Pele
View Profile
New user
State of Bliss, USA
29 Posts

Profile of Pele
Hey David, thanks. Been lurking here awhile Smile
BTW...love the signature...though I prefer a coin-operated boy Smile
If, of all the truths in the world, you choose one and follow it blindly, it becomes a falsehood and you a fanatic.
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
Hi Slim you post a act a while ago Bare hand fish and egg cooking can you tell me a bit more about it.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
I will only tell you that it is a very old secret, among "Masters." Surely not one to be exposed here. You must have a reason.
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
How about I'm hungry and my stove broke? mmmm Fish and Eggs...
Higley's Doug's Museum
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Scary thing is I would of loved to know how to pull that stunt off years ago when I was still in the boy scouts. (I was the bane to scoutmasters everywhere)
camikesrd
View Profile
Regular user
Richmond,Virginia
103 Posts

Profile of camikesrd
The Indian'sname that did the clay sbulpting was Neighbor Felix. Ken Griffin's

wife used to do rag pictures un his full evening show. It si mentioned in their

book " Illusion Show Know How " I don't remember if there are any plans for them.

Smoke pictures are explaned in Hugards Annual 1937 or 1938, I'm not sure which

one but it explains enough to do the act...it;s not a expensive book either.

Mike Walsh
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
Hi slim I don't think I explained it well what I want to ask you wos what did the performer do from the audience point of view?
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
The performer reaches into boiling oil, literally! Clearly, there is more to it than that... A very long time ago, he even bathed in it...
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
Thanks that sounds some act.
KN_Magic
View Profile
New user
UK
91 Posts

Profile of KN_Magic
Saw a film clip (from ~1920-40s I think judging by quality) of a Fakir called Balla. He'd swallow snakes then regurgitate them and was even able to projectile vomit, along with some fluid, them a few feet. There was also a clip showing an X-ray with the snakes in his stomach.

There was also a modern day guy in Pakistan who did snake charming and then mental flossed with a snake. I can't remember which end he put in first though.

Kevin.
My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night; but ah, my foes, and oh, my friends - it gives a lovely light!
Edna St. Vincent Millay
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
How about the Lizardman's spotlight? He swallows a livewire, puts a crystal ball in his mouth and the turns it on turning his mouth into lightbulb!
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
The crystal ball is nice, but you're missing some details...See head(brain) flossing..
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I'm sure there are plenty of details missing! I did realise I was supposed to post the routine in detail. Instead I just posted it as described by the Lizard Man.

I left out the light and the fact that the wire goes up the nose. It is essentially, less then the full mental flossing but more then blockhead.
Pele
View Profile
New user
State of Bliss, USA
29 Posts

Profile of Pele
The head of the snake goes up the nose first.

There is also a guy from India who does the snake regurgitation right now. Last I saw him was on Venice Beach (and also another snake-mental flosser, which, btw, Lizardman does as well). I know that PETA was attempting to go after the snake regurgitator under cruelty charges, but that was a year ago.
KN_Magic
View Profile
New user
UK
91 Posts

Profile of KN_Magic
Thanks for the info Pele!
I thought it was head first, but didn't want to say for certain. Must look for details of the Lizardman's act.
I must say the regurgitation was one of the grossest acts I've seen (even on poor quality film), it was the projectile vomiting of a mass of wriggling things that got me (although I was eating at the time).

Kevin.
Edna St. Vincent Millay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Acts (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL