The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Table Base (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BerkleyJL
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago, IL
397 Posts

Profile of BerkleyJL
At my last show, I distinctly remember loading my Eureka table base into my car with my table top and prop case. Somehow, between then and now, it seems to have been abducted by aliens...or my memory is going bad and I left it. However, the people at the venue say I left nothing behind.

Before I spend $60 on a replacement base, are there any good alternatives? I have several tops designed for that sort of base (flange attached), so going to a folding waiter-tray style table is not a good plan.

Thanks in advance for the advice!
I need a stage name.

Joe Berkley
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Joe,
You can buy a new Table Base at a music store! They have eureka bases (called stands) for drums, cymbals, and other instruments. They're good quality, built to last, and some with several nice features. I found an old music store here and asked them if they had any used bases. They took me to the back, where they had several. Even new ones were only $30-$40! It took me a little work to redo the top of the stand to attach my small table top, but it works better than a new one now! I think that's your best bet. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.
BerkleyJL
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago, IL
397 Posts

Profile of BerkleyJL
What sort of work is required to attach the flange to the top of one of the drum stands? I hadn't thought of that, but I'm sure they're very sturdy.
I need a stage name.

Joe Berkley
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Joe,
There are several different kinds. The cymbal stand didn't take much work at all. It's also adjustable so I can raise it or lower it. It really depends on what type of stand you get. For mine, I had a very small flange on my small table so it was just a matter of screwing a small attachment onto the top of the cymbal stand. If you look at other stands (snare drums, top hat, etc.) you'll find other kinds of tops. Every stand/table is different, so you'll have to try yours to a few. You're right though, they are very, very sturdy! I prefer it to the base that came with the original!
Matt Ferro
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
128 Posts

Profile of Matt Ferro
I used to play the drums and I found that when I sold my set (to make room for my awsome magic counter) I didn't sell my seat. It was a metal base which was square and had 4 screws going up so it was perfect for a table base, the only thing is that it is a little short and so I use it for my suitcase, and then that gives it a few extra inches.
Don't practice till you can do it right, Practice till you can't do it wrong...
massimo
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of massimo
Try used magic shops. I saw an add yesterday (3-24-05) "The Amazing Magic Shoppe" in Phoenix, Az had one for $15-20. I think they are one the net??
I have found the phone # (602) 943-2121
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Table Base (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL