The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Missing Private Messages » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

impossible man
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of impossible man
I often go a while before checking in here. When I do, I sometimes get a note telling me that I have private messages, but my box is empty. I assume this is because I take so long getting to them that they must be deleted. I didn't realize I had also failed to set my profile to email me when I received PM's. I accept responsibility for this.

I do wonder if there is anyway of letting people know I missed the messages altogether, so they could resend? Something like this? I know this is A LOT to ask, but I don't want to be rude with missed PM's, either.

Thanks either way! At least going forward I will be better with responses.
Dean Gilbert
Impossible Man
www.impossibleman.net
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Whomever sent you PM messages will know that you didn't see them. When a PM is sent, the message moves to the sender's "Sentbox". There is an indicator there next to each message to show whether the message has been read by the recipient.
impossible man
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of impossible man
Thank you. I still have some learning to do.
Dean Gilbert
Impossible Man
www.impossibleman.net
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
443 Posts

Profile of Gene
Check out the PM system's FAQ. Some of your questions might already be answered there.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Missing Private Messages » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL