The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups & Balls Routines I Wish I'd Thought Of... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BerkleyJL
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago, IL
397 Posts

Profile of BerkleyJL
I just got the "Flicking Fingers: The Movie" DVD and there are two C&B routines there that I wish I'd thought of.

The first is the Fruit Cups--a 2 cup routine that talks about the birds and the bees. It's hilarious!

The second is a full 15-minute routine performed at FISM: The guy is a character actor who performs each phase of the routine as a different character. It was great!

What I took from watching those guys work is: be entertaining! The magic is cool, but make sure people will stay interested in what you're doing long enough to see it.
I need a stage name.

Joe Berkley
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Most of the fellows in the Flicking Fingers cast are terrific at presentations. The can take any trick and make a great routine out of it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
The C+B routine that I wish I had thought of is Latimer's Clear Cups hands down. I mean sure I had thought about doing a routine with clear cups before...but holy moly it's just the most magical thing I've ever seen!
rawdawg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
685 Posts

Profile of rawdawg
Jason Latimer's visual moves.
Tommy Wonder's construction.
Johnny Thompson's patter.
Suzanne's final load.
One time, when I was young, I botched a sleight so bad, Vernon, Marlo & Miller rolled over in their graves. But I didn't see Elmsley, probably because he was behind the others.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I understand Suzanne's loads are in print by Al Schneider. Fooled me.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13401 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Where can Jason's routine be witnessed?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Quote:
On 2005-03-17 19:52, rawdawg wrote:
Jason Latimer's visual moves.
Tommy Wonder's construction.
Johnny Thompson's patter.
Suzanne's final load.

OOOWHEEE! That would, indeed, be a powerful routine! there are so many out there, it's hard to name only a few, but your list is a fine selection!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
rawdawg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
685 Posts

Profile of rawdawg
I did not know that Suzanne's final load was available. I've had this "Scarface" inspired routine banging about my head for some time. Maybe it's time I brushed off that white suit and gold chains.
One time, when I was young, I botched a sleight so bad, Vernon, Marlo & Miller rolled over in their graves. But I didn't see Elmsley, probably because he was behind the others.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups & Balls Routines I Wish I'd Thought Of... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL