The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Necromantic Grimoire of Augustus Rupp - Raven (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
Can someone please give some more information about this tome. I am currently looking at buying an old grimoire to use as a prop but I believe this one was actually designed to be part of an act?
Simon
Seance
View Profile
Elite user
Talking on the other side with
427 Posts

Profile of Seance
I'll explain since I have one for sale on Ebay at the moment:

In 1974, Tony Raven (Bob Lynn), produced a limited run of a forcing book that could be used in bizarre magic presentations. 'twas titled "The Necromantic Grimiore of Augustus Rupp" by Carter Stockdale (The author is fictional). The premise was that the grimoire was used to invoke demons and spells.

The Grimoire has three sections, where you could force a word either from a random chapter, or symbol. The separate pamphlet,"Key to the Necromantic Grimoire" contained the instructions on how to work the book.

I've done some excellent routines with the book, and spectators (some of which would not hold the book for too long) were none the wiser. It is very well produced and looks just like a small printed grimoire.

Today, the Grimoire is VERY hard to find and is even harder to find both the Grimoire and the Key to the Grimoire as a set. People have paid a goodly sum to obtain one.

Hope this answers some of your questions.
sarcophilus
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix
195 Posts

Profile of sarcophilus
What is the link to your auction. I can't seem to find it.
Seance
View Profile
Elite user
427 Posts

Profile of Seance
Rather than get the thread pulled - just PM me and I'll give you the location.
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
Thanks Seance, does the Grimoire actually look like a real one. I mean can it be convincing as an authentic witches tome.
Simon
Seance
View Profile
Elite user
427 Posts

Profile of Seance
Actually, it looks like a small black book with hardcovers and a gilt-lettered title of "The Necromantic Grimoire of Augustus Rupp". It has about 75 pages, if memory serves. It is sized a little larger than a pocket book.

If you are thinking of a handmade grimoire, then this is not going to fit the bill, BUT it saves you the trouble of making one, and was produced by one of the founders of bizarre magic and the original Invocation.

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Necromantic Grimoire of Augustus Rupp - Raven (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL