The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » The Street Hypnosis Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Karswell
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Karswell
I believe all three were developed for and sold/given away as part of their own respective seminars. Any card game aspect makes a bit more sense there. I think they’re fairly useful and functional as a review tool, for what brief patterns they do contain, but I agree with mindmagic (and others generally) that there was much room for improvement even for this purpose.
It'll be interesting to hear from those with no prior training whether they feel they have gained a level of competence in the area by them or more had their curiosity piqued to get the requisite training.

Quote:
On 2005-03-24 15:58, shrink wrote:
I don't think playing games really teaches the patterns. What you really need is hypnotic patterns designed specifically to enhance a performance. Funnily enough I was considering making my own cards when I came across Jamies.

There is a stage hypnosis flash card set (HypnosisSecrets@aol.com and for $19) but I’ve never heard of the creator or know what they maybe like. I’m sure there is still room for a performance deck?

Rgrds
Nick.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
From the reports I've had on the stage hypnosis flash cards, they seem to be a list of routines to have people do on stage, rather than language patterns for inductions, etc.

Mindmagic, thank you for your kind words, colleague! Will you be attending the NGH convention this fall? If so, I'm teaching two courses - one with marcia Proctor on Dual Inductions (2 hypnotists- no waiting!) and one on safety for stage hypnotists, which I believe is the first class of its kind devoted entirely to stage safety, for both the hypnotists and volunteers. And it comes as a freebie with the convention. See http://www.ngh.net for details.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Karswell
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Karswell
I thought some people who still have it under consideration would like to know:
I've been reliably informed that the Street Hypnosis Deck is VERY similar throughout to both the out-of-print Zebu and Jamie Smart's Ericksonian Deck, if anything it's less extensive. So I'd stand by the above informed opinions, 2CDs or not, that it isn't going to be best choice and misses out large amounts of vital info.

rgrds
Nick.
Natural Mystic
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
509 Posts

Profile of Natural Mystic
Rockbrunnen,

"The Street Hypnosis Deck" is now available at Hocus-Pocus. I want to use this package to construct my scripts.

"It comes with two seminar/training CDs."

exactly what information is covered on the CDs

Peace.
"You never change the existing reality by
fighting it. Instead, create a new model that
makes the old one obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
749 Posts

Profile of Roki
Beware . Zebu cards were probably withdrawn because they were dangerous. I was playing with them with this nice girl from a hypnosis course and the following day I found I was in a fully involved and committed relationship.
Always buy books , its cheaper in the long run.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I have the deck and CDs.

First off I also have a few clinical hyp books and Ormonds, about a half dozen small booklets and hyp lecture note type books and some other NLP materials... about a foot and a half of shelf.

The deck is nice quality. It has a couple of typos that hit production. The Cds are mp3 audio. They are focused on hypnotising you into believing your are a great hypnotist! I listened to them and still am not, so don't expect it. the decks focus is a 60 second induction that works pretty well if you understand where to go from there. The flaw of the deck is the bottom of the card that you would use is only on half of the cards. The other half of the cards have the bottom still trying to hyp you into the CD material. The card concept is more that you can take them with you to study whereever you go, but then a book does that too. The audio may have been recorded at home on a mono cassettte deck and then played back across two tin cans and string back into the microphone.

For the person with a few of the classic manuals and a fair understanding on the clinical end they may be good support material for a growing library. for people with a complete or nearly complete library , it doesn't need to belong.

The price of $50 is a complete ripoff. It is more suited to the $18-25 range as far as product quality. The material and advertising is missleading and will draw a swarm of flies thinking they are going to be able to do a cable tv street hyp show. There is just enough material to get the curious into trouble, and not a bit of material on ethics, showmanship, moral use, etc. For me with I was able to salvage enough second hand ericson work to write a fairly good script that went into the pile to be tried later. scale from 1-10? goes in the 5 pile.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
I keep hearing this over and over again. The insurance issue is not correct. The insurers only require a form and your check.

Martin
Martin Blakley, CSH, DASH, CMSA
http://www.thehypnoguy.com/HYPNORESOURCES
http://www.docgrayson.com/
How To Sell Anything Online
http://tub.bz/?r=1z
Copyright to my own words retained 100%.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Side note - Zebu cards were "withdrawn" because they did not make the publisher enough money, according to word in the industry. Also, the copyright owner and the publisher, allegedly had a bit of a falling out, but that is a rumor.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » The Street Hypnosis Deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL