We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » An opener (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1940 Posts

Profile of Lior
Wow
I am so happy that you like my TV show.
It was done 10 years ago...But many of the routines where done
in the Geller show almost the exact way I did it then...

I fly almost every week and don't have time for TV.
I love to do shows for real audience.I love to do it in places that none knows me.

Thanks: Scott , Jon , Seth , DJM , Haim and Tony for your words about the Mobile opener.

I am sorry that I can't describe the effect, It will give it away.

Lior
New shop: 1A magic
You can buy the selfie card trick.
The Zoom project
Talk To The Screen
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
It was 10 years ago? For some reason I thought it was much less than that. Time flies very fast. Smile

I also recognized some of the effects that you already did on your show, like the one where Shimi stopped his pulse. But it was nice to see it again.
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
724 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Yes Lior. Very simple, but very clever. Worth it's weight in gold if you're working stand-up for any type of audience.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Isn't this the wonderful thing about the Café? An old thread raises its head and prompts someone (me) to go and try something new and line the pocket of a wonderful creator at the same time?!

I purchased Lior's Mobile Opener direct from him in Israel and I received the CDRom just a few days later in the UK. At first I was confused by contradicting instructions in the word.doc and the pdf versions. But, after speaking with Lior, I discovered that they weren't contradictions but two different methods. For those 'in the know' I opted for the word.doc version.

Simply fantastic! I cant believe I've been without this for so long. Having had a good old 'play' with the relevant apparatus last Friday, I launched myself headlong into this whilst performing at a friends party later that evening. I could not have wished for a better response. No applause cue necessary - a small ripple built up to a frenzy (OK, not quite) before I had actually completed the story explaining the final total revelation. (very smart audience!)

And the sneaky business? - well, you just could not tell.

This has knocked "Digital Feedback" right off the play-list as far as I am concerned!

Anyone who performs MUST, at least, try this out.

Thanks Lior - AND for your outstanding after-sales service too.

Roger
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Profile of Carlos the Great
You have all completely sold me on this. I will be purchasing this once I get home.

Scott, you have demonstrated your amazing mind-reading capabilities (that, literally, is exactly what I was thinking), lol.

-Carlos
Cognite tute
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2007-02-21 14:37, Carlos the Great wrote:
You have all completely sold me on this. I will be purchasing this once I get home.
-Carlos

I feel confident in saying that you wont be disappointed! Every now and again, I find, a real gem crops up. This is one of them!
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

I am really excited.

Also, it got lost in my first post but I wanted to thank everybody for "selling" me on this as well as Lior for releasing it.

-Carlos
Cognite tute
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Ah yes, the order has been sent out and now I am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

Is it just me or has the time frame between purchasing and the onset of anxiousness become shorter and shorter? Does anybody else remember the days of "6-8 weeks for delivery" (at best?).

-Carlos
Cognite tute
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
Do you require special props to perform this routine?
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1940 Posts

Profile of Lior
YOu need any add a number prop.
There are many on the market.
You can make one your self in many ways.

But the best is to use a calculator
you can buy one or you can gaf it yourself (very easy)

The main thing here is the routine and the big finish...

Thanks for your kind words Roger
I am very happy you liked it
Lior
The Zoom project
Talk To The Screen
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2007-02-21 20:33, aussiemagic wrote:
Do you require special props to perform this routine?

I'll support what Lior has said - just in case anyone might think he is just saying that because he is selling it.

This is an add-a-number effect of the highest calibre. You can use any AAN device or method. But this is definately geared up for the use of a calculator. All that is required is about 20 minutes 'work' on the calculator and you are ready to go. The calculator can be examined - in fact it is held all the time by the spectator!!

Indeed there are ready to go calculators available at some dealers. Lior signposrts one in his instructions. But, really, not necessary. The work required is so simple - even I could do it!
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1940 Posts

Profile of Lior
By the way
the price for the mobile opener is only 40$ +5$ ph

real world calculator costs 5$

Lior
The Zoom project
Talk To The Screen
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
cloud
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincolnshire, England
206 Posts

Profile of cloud
I've heard many people metion how easy it is to gaff a calculator. Where can I learn how to do this ?

steve.
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1940 Posts

Profile of Lior
You can learn it from the instructions of the Mobile Opener...

Lior
The Zoom project
Talk To The Screen
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2007-02-22 05:44, cloud wrote:
I've heard many people metion how easy it is to gaff a calculator. Where can I learn how to do this ?
steve.

Steve - PM me with proof and I'll discuss with you. It really is easy. But, if you have the manuscripts, I doubt you'll need to! It's that simple a women could do it! (Oh what have I started?!)
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Yikes, Roger, that is playing with fire right there.

Better to say that it is so easy Carlos can do it!

-Carlos
Cognite tute
cloud
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincolnshire, England
206 Posts

Profile of cloud
Thanks for the advise. Sorry if my question was innapropriate.

steve.
cloud
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincolnshire, England
206 Posts

Profile of cloud
I do not own this effect, but am very interested in it.

I have a routine planned for my next vs5tage show (FRI 13th July)

I plan to have a table on stage with 10 x A.3 cards face up on it (numbered 0-9).

4 spectators come on stage, each selects a card, places it into an envelope and takes a seat at the front of the stage (4 seats). All of this is done while my back is turned, no cards are forced.

I then want to use an add a number effect using the main audience. The total is revealed. The 4 specs on stage open their envelopes and the 4 digit number matches the add a no total.

The difficulty is that I will not know what numbers the specs on stage have chosen until they are actually chosen. No force. Although I can arrange them (seated) in a certain order.

How quickly could I gaff the calculator to match the number revealed by the on stage specs ?

I hope my question makes sense,
thanks,
steve.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Steve

You could do it very quickly but it would not make much sense in the story you have outlined. The gaffing required in Lior's instructions is logical for HIS particular presentation.

You could, I suspose, expand upon your presentation and thereby integrate Lior's Mobile Opener into it - but it would be long, tedious and convoluted in my opinion. Lior's has a very humorous angle to it too!

If you are thinking down this line, I'd certainly consider purchasing Lior's routine. It's a snip at $40! Another $5 for a calculator and you're off!
cloud
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincolnshire, England
206 Posts

Profile of cloud
Thanks Roger.

I will definately be buying Lior's Mobile Opener. I'm sure the routine supplied will be excellent.

However I will need to do some more research to find a solution to the routine I outlined.

best,
steve.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » An opener (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL