The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Electric chair (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
I want to use an electric chair for a mentalism effect, which is the best quality/reliability Thanks
Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1190 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
I don't know but do make sure, that the head sponge is extremly moist.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1750 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Quote:
On 2005-03-17 20:33, PsychoMagi wrote:
I don't know but do make sure, that the head sponge is extremly moist.

LOL!
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
783 Posts

Profile of mdspark
I wonder if there could be some dangers if a volunteer is used with a history of heart problems..just curious.
Pongo_The_Clown
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Pongo_The_Clown
Make your own. All you need is a metal framed chair, access to a plug socket, a long length of cable and an off stage assistant to flick the switch ! Laughs a plenty are guaranteed !
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
Thanks Guys But I am serious, it would nice to fry some spectators. I heard Mephisto make a good one perhaps some professional on here could help ahemmmm Smile
Corriveau
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Corriveau
Mephisto is the best.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1738 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
I've PM'd you with some ideas.

Kindest Regards,
-George Tait
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Here are some plans if you are ever compelled to build your own:

http://www.geocities.com/hillbilly_nurse......air.html
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Have fun with this, but please be careful as there may be dire legal repercussions to be paid if something goes wrong......as a Critical Nurse I'll tell ya it doesn't take much of a buzz to send a perfectly healthy human heart into a LETHAL arrythmia.....i.e ALMOST CERTAIN DEATH; you won't be able to magically fix that unless you are a licensed medical professional provider in Advanced Cardiac Life Support. Just my two cents.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
JamesBiss
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
310 Posts

Profile of JamesBiss
Hi Ian,

(Thank you for your terrific research on Mssr. Berglas by the way. I'll PM you with some specific feedback shortly. We all owe you a great deal of gratitude for your efforts on the Chair Prediction.)

I'd recommend you contact the always resourceful Paul Pacfic (PM him, with a search?) I love his handling of this old Electric Chair classic and you won't need a head sponge or leather straps or liability insurance to pull it off!!!!

Stay wondeful,

James

P.S. Consider a tie in too with Psychokinetic Touches...

Oops.. Paul Pacific
James Biss
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
Thanks James hope you found it interesting reading. regards Ian
saracen
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of saracen
You could try http://www.dcefx.com. I brought my electric chair off them 4 years ago and I never had a problem/ miss fire/ failure with it. They are very reliable. The company also provide a great service I had my remote stolen they had a new one programmed and sent out straight away.
Hope this helps.
Saracen
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Am I thinking of the same routine as you guys? Ian, you don't want a REAL electric chair do you?
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5112 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I think you're looking for things that can be done with a violet wand, neon tester, or tesla coil, all of which have been used in sideshow performance for a long time.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Mark Tripp
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Mark Tripp
Folks,

There is NO danger to the "electric chair" (actually a tesla coil), if done by someone who understands the concepts.

While the voltage is high, the amps are so low that the current can not pass through the body.

The only real danger is if the person gets up, or makes a space, while it is on. That will create a spark that gets hot very quickly and can cause a burn.

I have used one in my science shows for many many years. However, I do know what I am doing.
mystic1
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of mystic1
You don't need a gimmicked chair.
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
WTF??? A Electric chair? Am I reading this right? What exactly is a routine with a electric chair? Is it a gag, or a Russian Roulette type of routine. Whoa, I'm lost. Thanks for explaining this "Routine" for me, Ed, (Eddini).
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Profile of Thomas Rudolfo
Hi Ed,

Though ist sounds dramatic its a nice gag chair you could use for different effects. Years ago I used one as a part of a pseudo hypnosis routine.

As mentioned before its a special prepared chair. When you have a spectator sit on the chair you can controll when the spec. gets an electric shock (a light one of course). So you can play a lot of fun with this.

Hope now its a bit clearer for you Ed.

Regards
Thomas
Think positive and you'll see, how beautiful your life can be!

www.der-mentalist.net
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
HaHaHa, it is. Like I knew in the beginning they were kidding, but then it sounded serious when they started talking about people with pace makers. It stills sounds a bit too dangerous. Though O only do close-up, street, and mentalism, I wouldn't add it to my show. (This is NOT a Moral judgement on others though so don't be offended. It's just not for me. Even though this thread is about a routine, a comical one at that, I'm against the Death Penalty as I am abortion, and have written essays on it. Okay now that being said, I won't go further as this isn't the place for that). As I was saying, it would be my luck that I'd get someone with a Pace Making and wind up accidently killing someone...oh my.....well, I guess instead of a shock a better alternative, is to have it vibrate. That can have a "Shock-Like" feel to it. Anyway that's my thoughts. Great Luck With It, Ed, (Eddini).
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Electric chair (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.33 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL