The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » If you could would you like to live forever? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
I would choose to live forever-- but it would be hard to see so many loved ones pass on. But think how good of a magician you would be after 500 years of practice lol
Creator of "Re-Attached" an easy piece by piece Torn and Restored card routine.

http://www.lybrary.com/reattached-p-250.html
thegreatgeorgio
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of thegreatgeorgio
Living forever would be hell.
Death is a release.

George
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
380 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
No I would not like to live forever on this earth. The constant pain of losing love ones and friends is not worth it. I just try to make the most of the time I have.
Rick
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2756 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-03-18 07:43, irossall wrote:
For years I have asked Family, Friends and Co-Workers this question:

If you could live forever never feeling sick, looking any older than you do now and retain at a mimimum your present mental state and the world will at least stay the way it is today but can always improve, would you choose to do so?

I now ask you that same question.
After I get a dozen or so responses (if that happens) I will post what I have learned these past few years of asking others this question.

I expect a few funny or sarcastic responses and that is fine but I do ask this question in all seriousness so your help with this will be more appreciated than you will ever know.
Thank You All Very Much Smile .
Iven Smile

I think of the guy in the Hitchhiker's Guide series who was so bored being immortal he decided to spend eternity insulting everyone in the universe, alphabetically.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2756 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-03-23 17:16, jonesc2ii wrote:
Yes, I want to live forever. For a while.

The film 'Interview with the Vampire', (which I am now going to watch this evening, thanks for the reminder!) deals with exactly this topic.

Advantages: Learn to play the piano, perform magic etc., first hand knowledge of history, the ability to indulge in ultimate decadent behaviour...

Disadvantages: First hand knowledge of history, boredom (even by ultimate decadent behaviour)...

For those of you who haven't seen "Groundhogs Day," I leave the following space.
s

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

p

a

c

e

Of course, this is the premise behind "Groundhogs Day," once Bill Murry's character gets over the initial shock of reliving the same day over and over again, he decides to go with it and start using the time to improve himself and improve the day for everyone around him.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Glenn Godsey
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Glenn Godsey
Quote:
On 2005-03-18 17:12, Moonlit Knight wrote:
It’s a well-known phenomenon that as people get older, their outlook on life changes. Many become set in their ways, unwilling to learn new things. They lose their respect for the younger generation. Many drop out of the mainstream of life and lose interest in current events. Some develop eccentric habits or beliefs which they loath to give up. If you don’t think you are affected by this phenomenon and you were to choose to live forever, then in time all of the people you currently know will die off and you will be forced to find others whom you can relate to. In order to relate to others, it is often important to have certain things in common - whether it be culture, books, t.v. or other interests.....

This is true. Even in my moderately old age (68), the world is rapidly something very different from the world that I was once comfortable in.

I often think that I am glad that some of my dearly departed elders are not around to see some the insanities that are considered normal today by many people: the pervasive incivilities, the violence, the twisted politics, the greed, the cut-throat competiveness....it is not a kinder and gentler world and I don't think that some of my departed elders would be happy in it. We have advanced in technology, but we are rapidly dismantling civilization in exchange for short-term power and wealth for a few.

So, my point is, as the world becomes more alien and repulsive to the elderly, they become less fearful of death and less interested in living forever.

Best regards,
Glenn Godsey
Chris_
View Profile
New user
Illinois
25 Posts

Profile of Chris_
I choose life over death.

What if there is something after death? What if, as the Bible states, that there is judgement and it is either heaven or hell? Heaven sounds good, but what if I get hell, where it is described as a place where there is forever weeping and gnashing of teeth and where the fire is never quenched?

Um ... I'll definitely choose life.
"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? - Mark 8:36

www.needgod.com
sjballa147
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
278 Posts

Profile of sjballa147
No I wanna see what happens next
sjballa147
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
278 Posts

Profile of sjballa147
Chris you wouldnt get hell if you were a christian
Chris_
View Profile
New user
Illinois
25 Posts

Profile of Chris_
Quote:
On 2005-06-24 03:03, sjballa147 wrote:
No I wanna see what happens next

What if you don't like what you find 'next'?

This string is a bit like the gameshow where you have a prize in your hand, or you can swap it for something behind the door number 1.

Chris
"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? - Mark 8:36

www.needgod.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27136 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
It's one thing to live forever.

It's another to get older and older like Swift's immortals in Gulliver's Travels.

I'd like the option to be immortal given a healthy condition and the ability to stay healthy.

Be interesting to watch generations of stars and get a feeling for the scale and scope of intelligent life. And all those wonderful sunsets and sunrises...
...to all the coins I've dropped here
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
I'd like to live forever just to be around at the end of all things...now that would be interesting!

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » If you could would you like to live forever? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL