The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Daemon's dirt... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Peace my magi...
well anyonme have a reivew on this stuff...I did a search and the info is lacking...

here's where to find it...

http://daytonamagic.net/customer/index.c......tId=3073

supposedly self-ingniting stuff...

let me know!

Baba
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
What they are packaging is a certain compound that when it mixes with glycerin you get the flames you need. If you have connections you can probably get the compound on your own, but in these stressful times it's much harded to get chemicals that are combustionable.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
saheer
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of saheer
Hello BabaKali!

I have used this to cause a candle to spontaneously ignite.
I think Mark Ghia is a member of the Café and is a good egg I think his handle is mghia, but I'm not sure that's him). I purchased two effects from him several years ago and they both work as advertised. He also provided generous amounts of the ingredients that were not readily available and tells you exactly what they are - which was responsible and thoughtful.

As I mentioned, it does work, and these are very good instructions, but it still takes some experimenting to get it right and even then I can't get it to work 100% of the time, (though you can get it to work fairly consistently). Mark's instructions and supplies go far in telling you how to control as many of the variables as possible but, as alluded to above, it is a chemical effect and there are lots of things that affect the interaction - including weather to some extent. It's not a bad idea to make sure to do a test an hour before you plan to perform it just to make sure it is working right. The most difficult thing is getting the timing right, so I'd suggest that whatever routine it's in has to allow for it to happen a little early or late (or, possibly, not at all).

The only other thing I have to say is that it's probably better to use a candle that's fairly big around and has been used a little as the "pit" around the wick better conceals the gimmick and the little amount of "soot" left after it lights the wick won't be as easily noticed. Other than that, the candle is far and away more examinable than any other "self-igniting candle" effect I'm aware of since it uses a real candle with a gimmick that is basically destroyed in the effect.
"Because, without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

1902 diary of Brother Epp, Capuchin monk from Munjor,
Kansas
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Saheer,'
thanx so much for the info...you summed it up perfectly...

I s'ppose Ill get some, and get workin' with it..seems to be nothing short of a miracle if you pull it off...just like the whole gambit of psychological subtleties...not always gauranteed, but when it works , youre a "god."

Baba

Well, thanx for all the Pm's, I guess Ill give it a go...
if anyone has stories about their use with this stuff, please, post it here!

Baba
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
You can dye the glycerin blood-colored ya know Smile

Does that stimulate your imagination?
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Sure does !

or, treat the glyercin as though it were holy water.
umm.. really, really, thick holy water...

Holy Deuterium anybody ? Smile
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
That's crazy!!! I love that idea...now anyone wanna mail the baba a bit to experiment with??LOL
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Actually If I were to mail it, the black helicopters would start looking for me again.

It is a questionable substance to mail and don't go to buy it at the same time as Glycerin. The staff at the store will press the red button under the counter and treat you really nice until someone pops a canvas bag over your head and hauls you away in a black SUV to an undisclosed location where you sit naked under bright lights as someone asks you probing questions you would rather not answer but you do anyway because that stuff they put in your arm makes you feel pretty darn open. Not that I've done this personally Smile
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
LOL! youre so damm funny! especially with my ol' turban, Ive been called Taliban many, many times!!

Baba
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Odd, your turban does not look anythign like the style used by the Taliban! Unless your avatoar sports a different style! Try those nice folks at United Nuclear, I think they might carry what you seek.....
I recall ages ago when I was a wee tot the big Rodeo in North Dakota, the local Shaman started the big campfire with no matches, flint or lighter, just much dancing and chanting.....! (this one has been around a while folks!)
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
glenn collins
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of glenn collins
Does anyone know of a UK source for this stuff, it sounds great.
the road we travel is lined with beauty but as with all roads, mind the pot holes...
Caspar
View Profile
Veteran user
Tacoma
316 Posts

Profile of Caspar
I have been a little apprhensive about using it myself. Is there anything to dispose of afterwards?
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Nothing but the evil; tainted soil, sprinkle liberally with holy water or salt water, and do not dump it in YOUR garden, all the negative enrgy you know, not that Pazouzzo was THAT bad, I even have a little image of him form an archaeilogy find, little terracotta head! hardly seems threatening at al........................
;}
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Caspar
View Profile
Veteran user
Tacoma
316 Posts

Profile of Caspar
Quote:
On 2005-03-20 13:32, kaytracy wrote:
Nothing but the evil; tainted soil, sprinkle liberally with holy water or salt water, and do not dump it in YOUR garden, all the negative enrgy you know, not that Pazouzzo was THAT bad, I even have a little image of him form an archaeilogy find, little terracotta head! hardly seems threatening at al........................
;}

Not that bad? I thouhgt he held on til death.
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Babakali, I always thought that was a chef's hat you had on in your avatar !
You mean that pic wasn't taken at a barbecue ? LOL

You can find that certain substance at http://www.unitednuclear.com
A very cool website. Also check out their phosphorescent powder.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Kay I think you are confusing this Daemon Dirt with the REAL Daemon's Dirt from MyM. Although maybe this one would be useful to light the other one! OOoooooo!

(Someone stop the Red before he mixes too many dangerous chemicals without knowing what the hell he is doing and causes Armageddon)
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Probably safer to have a buddy who knows some chemistry. Some chemicals are not so safe to handle anyway, as they react to water, and others react to air. What you learned in high-school now needs to be handled even more carefully
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Oh I have a couple of CalTech scientists who keep me out of too much trouble Smile
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Hi Cliff, I know about both the Demons' and daemons, so no worry there, and with either, you do not want anything still warm hitting the trash, hence the well watered effect!

And besides, I thought those Cal Tech guys were the ones getting you INTO trouble!!
<Hi Ross!!>
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Daemon Dirt is one of the oddest stories in magick. When Tony Andruzzi first published it, several of the subscribers tried to make it work and failed, miserably. In fact, I am told that there are only about two times, total, where the trick worked as Tony wrote it up. It is incredibly sensitive to ambient humidity and will fail more often than not.

When I did it for my now infamous presentation to a bunch of midwestern cops many moons ago, I used an entirely different method and, not surprisingly, it worked beautifully. So well, that I almost got shot by all but one of the cops in attendance (the last fellow wasn't packing heat that day, as it was a training seminar out of his jurisdiction).

For those interested in my method, a PM might get you the inside skinny, but the guy who made mine for me charges an arm, a leg and your immortal soul, so be aware that it will NOT be cheap if I can even get him to build the things or not.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Daemon's dirt... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL