The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » 2 chop cup routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
Anyone know of one?
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
davidmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Lubbock, TX, USA
337 Posts

Profile of davidmagic
Marlo has a 3 chop cup routine in Arcade Dreams
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Scott Guinn has a routine that uses 2 cups (one of the cup is chopped). This routine can be done standing and is good for table hopping.
Bernard Sim
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Thank you, Bernard! Yes, it uses one chop and one regular. I experimented with two chop cups, but it doesn't make it significantly cleaner or easier (plus the cost of a second chop cup as opposed to just the chop and a regular from a combo set) made me decide to stick with only one chop cup. If anyone's interested, I'll be happy to send a profusely photo-illustrated PDF file of the routine for $7.50 via Paypal to scottfguinn@msn.com
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
There are other tricks that rely on the "chop" principal in both cups. The one I have is from Collector's Workshop that used to be made in several versions under names such as "Merlin Cups" or "Wizard Cups." They are designed to be used in a coins across routine with the appropriately gaffed coins.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
Dave - there are no such items in the Collectors' Workshop website....and Scott - I'll order that download.....
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Try this
or this

A small, quarter size set used to be made in walnut years ago before Viking took over the operation, but these two cups are still being offered.

You can see my walnut ones (almost in the shadows, but you can still see how nice they look) in my website photo gallery by clicking here

Too bad they're not being made anymore. I like them much better than the metal ones.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » 2 chop cup routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL