The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Docc Hilford (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
L&L Just released a bunch of new dvds and stuff....Where's the new Docc Hilford DVDS?!?!?!? When are they coming out?!?!?!? Thanks

Mike
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Hopefully sometime soon. I'm going from anxious to frustrated waiting on these (but I have Desert Brainstorm on the way, so I'm not tooooo anxious because Docc is on those) But still, I'd like to hear some info about them (like what is going to be on them. All I ever heard was 'alot of mentalism with cards'.

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
bonehead
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of bonehead
Quote:
On 2005-03-19 10:09, scott b. wrote:
I'm going from anxious to frustrated waiting on these

Scott

Get used to it if you like dealing with Docc. He has a reputation for being very slow to fill orders, release things, etc. Great material, nice guy, super slow on shipping anything.
Juan D
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Juan D
Quote:
On 2005-03-19 15:15, bonehead wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-03-19 10:09, scott b. wrote:
I'm going from anxious to frustrated waiting on these

Scott

Get used to it if you like dealing with Docc. He has a reputation for being very slow to fill orders, release things, etc. Great material, nice guy, super slow on shipping anything.

...Errr, actually he's refering to the supposed set of videos to be released by L&L
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
I just talked to Docc, and he and Louis Falanga are keeping tight lipped about the release, but the footage was shot. He also told me there are several other dvd projects in the near future based on some of his material available in booklet form.

Lastly, there is a new effect of Docc Hilford's due to be released next month. This will be a limited edition release of 200, and Murphy's will be the distributor. I've already pre-ordered mine!
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-03-19 19:50, David J. Greene wrote:
Lastly, there is a new effect of Docc Hilford's due to be released next month. This will be a limited edition release of 200, and Murphy's will be the distributor. I've already pre-ordered mine!

Hey David,

Can you describe the effect for us? And possibly tell us where it would be possible to pre-order it (if we could)?

Thanks,

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
bonehead
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of bonehead
Quote:
On 2005-03-19 15:40, Juan D wrote:

...Errr, actually he's refering to the supposed set of videos to be released by L&L

...Errr.... didn't say it did or didn't have anything to do with L&L, just made the comment if you like Docc's work, and plan on buying from him, get used to waiting.
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
<<get used to waiting>>

I have ordered many of Docc's items, and find him to always be prompt and timely.
Juan D
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Juan D
Quote:
On 2005-03-19 21:33, bonehead wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-03-19 15:40, Juan D wrote:

...Errr.... didn't say it did or didn't have anything to do with L&L, just made the comment if you like Docc's work, and plan on buying from him, get used to waiting.

....Errrr
It looked like you were direclty refering to Hilford, not to L&L
Anyway : ... Errrr....
Juan D
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Juan D
Besides, As far as I know, no one has ever had any problems with him directly
bonehead
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of bonehead
I'm glad you have got products from him in a timely manner. I haven't, and I have spoken to many who have experienced the same issues. Seems many things that are said to be "in stock" that we have been told 4-6 weeks on delivery times, take 3-4 months. If that seems okay to you guys then fair enough. Normally, when someone tells me 4 weeks (and takes my money), and it takes 4 months, I consider that slow.

Maybe he's resolved all those issues now, but this happened to people for years and years. I think his products and work are excellent and I really enjoy them, and continue to buy them. He's just got a reputation for being slow. If you haven't heard that, it doesn't mean he doesn't have the reputation, just means you haven't talked to all the people I have who have had issues with his shipping times, or had a problem with him. Trust me, the list is long.
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
<< talked to all the people I have who have>>

Just out of curiosity, has one of them been Docc? I am not trying to be sarcastic or pick a fight, but merely curious.

If you have an issue with Docc supposedly being slow with shipping, buy from someone who can deliver in a time you feel acceptable. Don't just post negative comments on various threads that have nothing to do with the topic (This thread is about L&L not Docc's shipping policy).

I have talked with people too, NONE who have had any issues with shipping.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Docc SHIPS fast and is one of the coolest guys in magic. He is a stand up guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
bonehead
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of bonehead
I guess I'm lying then. I guess I really didn't have to wait 4 months for an item I was told would be shipping in 3 days. I guess it never happened and I guess the people who have also had similar dealings with him are all lying too.

I never said he wasn't a good guy- never said he was a crook, never said he wouldn't deliver, I simply said be prepared to wait. Contrary to popular belief, just because you had a good, fast shipping experience, and were pleased, doesn't mean that other haven't had poor experiences with his service.

As I said, I believe you, you probably did get good service, however, you fail to believe that I had a poor experience or anyone elses. What's my motivation? Am I profiting from Docc's service? No. Get off of it and realize that there are more opinions in the world than yours.

I accepted your comments and the good service, you should accept my comments and issues with his service.

Hopefully he's resolved all of his issues and no one has that problem any longer. That would be great. You'll never find me wishing Docc bad, as I have already stated, his work is excellent and I wish him the best.
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
Bonehead says :

<<Get off of it>>

Sounds like sound advice...

Getting back on topic...Rumor has it we should be seeing another Docc DVD in April. Details to follow...
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-03-20 16:41, David J. Greene wrote:
Bonehead says :

<<Get off of it>>

Sounds like sound advice...

Getting back on topic...Rumor has it we should be seeing another Docc DVD in April. Details to follow...

I hope its not 'dvd', but rather 'dvds'.

Speaking of that, what would you guys like to see Docc put on dvd? I mean things from his booklets perhaps.
Thanks! Scott B.

Juan D
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Juan D
Quote:
On 2005-03-20 16:53, scott b. wrote:
Speaking of that, what would you guys like to see Docc put on dvd? I mean things from his booklets perhaps.

I'm also expecting the same
Plus, the new set by Maven.
The 2005 Catalog from L&L has some pictures featuring Docc, Maven and others
I don't care if they teach or not in their vids, I just love to watch them over and over again.
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-03-20 17:13, Juan D wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-03-20 16:53, scott b. wrote:

I'm also expecting the same
Plus, the new set by Maven.
The 2005 Catalog from L&L has some pictures featuring Docc, Maven and others
I don't care if they teach or not in their vids, I just love to watch them over and over again.

Hey JuanD,

Which catalog is it? (and what page if you know?)

Thanks much,

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Comet
Just got my copy of the Desert brainstorm DVD's Very good stuff on all of them. It is sad to see that the magic Café tempers can flair so quickly and we get off topic so far that it ends up being an insult board but hey when you're dealing with people who don't have a very thick skin or arn't as mature as they should be that can happen. One suggestion may be to keep those types of outbursts in a private message so we wouldn't have to weed through someone elses arguement. But then again it's not too hard to skip by those types of posts.
Now back to the DVD's I've only given them a scan but they look very nice. I have nothing but time over the next couple weeks after having surgery last week so I'll be looking into some of these effects and they'll make thier way into my new show I'm sure.
Hope you all enjoyed these as well!
Enjoy
Joe Comet
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
Should these be out next month?

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Docc Hilford (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL