The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » What is this called? (and where can I get some?) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nix225
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of nix225
I've been using a drummers' trap case to haul some props and thought that its' lightweight paper/fiber material would be an ideal covering for the sides and back of a portable table I'm designing. Does anyone know what this material is? I've always called it fiberboard, but when I ask the hardware store guys or a building supplier, they think of the heavy plywood-type composite. This stuff is more like really thick paper, but is extremely stiff, waterproof, light and can handle rivets.

I even call a music store and they refer to it as 'fiberboard' as well.

Any ideas?

Mark
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11160 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I just did a Google search of fiberboard and several sites popped up. I'd bet you find something among them.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Try a sign painters' supply house.

I think I saw it before in roles from a silk-screen supplier catalog.

Good Luck!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
PaxMentis
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, CA
239 Posts

Profile of PaxMentis
Hi nix225,

Try Reliable Hardware in North Hollywood, CA (818) 753-8558 and they might be able to help you. We have used them over the years for a lot of different applications such as the one you are addressing. Good Luck.

Pax Mentis
Do not go where the path may lead, but go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
Nix225,

Please let us know if you end up finding the stuff. If this is as good as you say then I'm considering some other applications for it as well.

Cheers,
-Matt (TK)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » What is this called? (and where can I get some?) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL