The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Kids Forum » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mentalvic
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of mentalvic
Hi!

I think it would be a GREAT idea to have "Kids Only" forum. A place where young people can talk to one another about their interest in magic WITHOUT having to worry about the judgement of adults.

Quite simply, I've noticed that there are certain adults on here who, whenever a younger magician posts something, leap all over the post, pick it and the kid apart, call the kid names, become judgemental, and basically let their egos run wild. Having a forum for the "under 18" crowd would be beneficial for younger magicians.

Thanks!
Victor
There she was, a dodgy old prune in a tiara, rushing at me waving a sword. Do all knights suffer this whilst being made?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5121 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Thanks for the suggestion but since we have no way of knowing how old a member is, it would be impossible to control. Those adults that jump on the topics now would continue to do so in a new forum. Additionally, not all beginners are youngsters. Many of the questions posed today come from adults just getting into the art.
Where the magic begins
mentalvic
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of mentalvic
Well, we have a "beginners" forum-- and I've seen young magicians much better than myself.

I would leave it up to the adults to stay out of the kids forum and let the kids discuss things among themselves. (Of course, if adults do post-- and it's evident they are an adult-- maybe by stating such in their post-- then the post could be flagged as "off topic" and removed.)
There she was, a dodgy old prune in a tiara, rushing at me waving a sword. Do all knights suffer this whilst being made?
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Quote:
...there are certain adults on here who, whenever a younger magician posts something, leap all over the post, pick it and the kid apart, call the kid names, become judgemental, and basically let their egos run wild.

Please, if you see this taking place, use the "report this post" link to report the offending post to the moderators. The sort of behavior you describe is flaming and is not allowed here for obvious reasons. None of our members, regardless of their age or experience, need to put up with that sort of behavior.
mentalvic
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of mentalvic
Quote:
On 2005-03-20 09:51, Mary B. wrote:
Quote:
...there are certain adults on here who, whenever a younger magician posts something, leap all over the post, pick it and the kid apart, call the kid names, become judgemental, and basically let their egos run wild.

Please, if you see this taking place, use the "report this post" link to report the offending post to the moderators. The sort of behavior you describe is flaming and is not allowed here for obvious reasons. None of our members, regardless of their age or experience, need to put up with that sort of behavior.

Thanks, Mary. I have been reporting it and will continue to do so.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Kids Forum » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL