The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Confessions of a Close Up Magician (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scottr
View Profile
New user
Michigan
69 Posts

Profile of scottr
Hi Guys,

Someone suggested I keep a journal when I started out performing close-up at restaurants and resorts.

I didn't and now after the years I've been at it, I regret I didn't!

Recently after taking some time off to start a family (my twin baby boys just turned a year old) I've started back performing and I've decided to keep a journal this time around.

I've done so in the form of an online blog and I'd like to invite anyone who thinks reading about such things to be interesting over to my blog at:

http://blog.isawscott.com/

That said, it really makes a WHOLE lot more sense to start at the earliest post, then up.

Best,
Scott Raymond
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Scott,

Good ideas and words. I like the idea of the badge holding the pen and business cards and also the good advice of just going out and doing it.

I do think that trying to add 52 tricks to the repertoire a year is unreasonable. Since I only add 1 or 3 routines a year, I must admit they require new and difficult sleight of hand usually. I work out the moves and then polish the moves and then work on finessing the presentation. The presentation starts to work itself out as I work on the moves, but it is the final concentration that brings it all together. Then I perform it for 6 months where I finally get the last bugs out and hone the presentation.

Good luck on your surgery, I expect it will be fine. DEMAND antibiotics from the outset. If you do, the pain meds will be largely unnecessary.

Kirk G
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
Just read the WHOLE THING, including comments.

Nice blog, very well written. Keep it up, it's an inspiration.
acmp<><

"Well if I had one wish in this god forsaken world, kids
It'd be that your mistakes would be your own"
scottr
View Profile
New user
Michigan
69 Posts

Profile of scottr
Thanks for the kind words guys!

The surgery went well, and because I've been on antobiotics for a couple days prior, so like you said, the meds are just minimal.

Acmp, you took in the whole thing already? Thanks for your comment!

Scott
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
Hey that site kept me reading for like an hour. Good site, definitely on my favoites list.
scottr
View Profile
New user
Michigan
69 Posts

Profile of scottr
Hey N3,

Very hip, thanks for having a peek!

Scott
themagicofjoseph
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of themagicofjoseph
Sounds like we been in the same trenches before bud Smile
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Nice blog!

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
scottr
View Profile
New user
Michigan
69 Posts

Profile of scottr
Thanks for all the kind comments, it's nice to have you guys along!

Scott
pikacrd
View Profile
Veteran user
Florida
387 Posts

Profile of pikacrd
Scott,

Very interesting read. I have a few storys about guys like horse as well.

Kris
“Indubitably, Magic is one of the subtlest and most difficult of the sciences and arts. There is more opportunity for errors of comprehension, judgment and practice than in any other branch of physics”. William S. Burroughs 1914-1997 American Writer
Ollie1235
View Profile
Special user
England
533 Posts

Profile of Ollie1235
That's a very nice blog, and some enjoyable reading, keep it up.

ollie
scottr
View Profile
New user
Michigan
69 Posts

Profile of scottr
Thanks again fellas for all the positive comments!

Scott
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
I don't really keep a journal on my shows what I do is keep notes of things that need fine tuning or differnt ways to approach certain situations.
Astonishment as Therapy...?
scottr
View Profile
New user
Michigan
69 Posts

Profile of scottr
Hey Pauly,

"I don't really keep a journal on my shows what I do is keep notes of things that need fine tuning or differnt ways to approach certain situations"

Sounds interesting. Why not put them up online lets us have a peek?

Actually, that's exactly what you'll find on my blog along with stories from my performances. Stop over sometime and have a peek.

Best,
Scott
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
SCOTT-

Great idea-Enjoyed reading on your site!!

Keep it up
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Confessions of a Close Up Magician (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL